Chapter 11

It was Ashton's first day back at school since the accident. He limped on his crutches down the hall to get to his locker and had his head down to avoid people's stares. He hated pity, although most of them weren't. He assumed just about everyone knew what had happened, due to it being on the news. Ashton doubted anyone watches the news nowadays and probably just got told by their parents. Half of them wouldn't care anyway, they didn't care about him before so why should they now?

As Ashton reached his locker, he smiled nervously when seeing a now, black haired Michael and Calum waiting by his locker like usual. Calum smiled and embraced the boy, being careful not to push him over. Ashton only stood there on one leg, holding onto his crutches seeing as though he couldn't let go of them or else he would fall. When Calum pulled away from the hug, Michael quickly gave him a tight squeeze before getting Ashton's books out of his locker for him. It was times like these when he really appreciated having friends like Michael and Calum and wondered what he ever did to deserve them.

On their way to class, Calum carried Ashton's book bag seeing as he was already struggling on the crutches as it is. Ashton was still trying to get used to the stupid crutches, he couldn't wait to get a leg brace so that he could actually walk on it and not have to use them. He had to wait a bit before he could get it though. Today was going to be a tough day, his neck was already starting to ache and so was his leg. When he left the hospital, he was prescribed pain killers but they were only supposed to be taken when the pain was unbearable. His leg and neck were hurting, but not enough to take more pills. Plus, if he took to many he would most likely over dose and he most certainly didn't want that.

Throughout the day, Ashton struggled getting from class to class and constantly had to get Michael and Calum to help him. He wondered where Luke was, he hadn't seen the boy since early Saturday morning and it was now Monday. Ashton hoped he wasn't having regrets about what they did. He will admit, it was a bit extreme but Ashton still had no regrets. None at all. He liked it more then he should have, even if when Luke left he had to get the nurse to give him pain killers which caused him to stay up the whole night vomiting. However, it was all worth it in the end.

Ashton was currently sitting in his last class of the day. He was sitting at the front of the room where he would usually sit with Luke except the boy wasn't here. It's only been a day since he last saw him, but he still missed him a bit. He knew it was stupid getting attached to a person, he just couldn't help it. In the past two weeks, Ashton had grown so fond of the tall blonde boy. He was the only one who made him feel special and unique because of his consistent hiccups. Sure, Calum has told him the sound was cute but it just wasn't the same as when Luke did. When Luke compliments him, his face goes as red as a tomato and stomach erupts with butterfly. He gets all tingly inside and yes, Luke definitely makes him feel things he thought he wasn't capable of feeling.

Just as the teacher walked around to collect everyone's homework, the bell rang making everyone jump up in sync and exit the class room. As usual, Ashton was the last one out of the class room. He gave his homework to the teacher and groaned when she called him back.

"I wasn't expecting you to complete this." She said gesturing to the work sheet. "Considering what's happened, if you ever need an extension just let me know."

"Well, just because I have a broken leg doesn't mean I am physically unable to do homework. Thanks for the offer, but I'm fine. I'm not completely useless."

Ashton left the room, struggling on his crutches as he made his way towards the big doors that led outside. He assumed that he was the only one still in the building, aside from a few teachers. However, when he felt someone push him and slam him against a locker proved him otherwise. Ashton let out a shriek when his head slammed into the metal and he lost his grip on his book bag and crutches. Ashton squeezed his eyes shut when the guy sneered,