Predatory

E brake walked around the autobot base and saw both Dynamo and High end comforting Nautica "hey Nautica what's wrong?" He asked kneeling in front of the femme.

"Did you seriously ask that question E?" Nautica in between sniffles. Dynamo got up "let's leave these two to talk" he said as both he and High end left the two bots alone.

"Nautica let me explain" E brake started "What is there to explain E?" Nautica asked "hmm, cause I'd love to know" she added. E brake sighed "When eclipse died it really got me thinking" E brake started. E brake sighed "I only thought about bad scenarios, it drove me mad" E brake stated. E brake looked down "I forced myself to stop caring about you because of said scenarios" he stated "what?" Nautica asked.

"I lost my feelings for you a long time ago Nautica" E brake stated. The femme went quite "I was going to tell you when I got out but didn't find you anywhere" E brake stated "you could've called" Nautica said. E brake looked up "you're right, I could've but I didn't" E brake said.

"Then when you, high end and Dynamo were found by both me and Cee I wanted to tell you but you just looked so happy so I went with it" E brake said. Nautica then got up "Nautica..." E brake said grabbing her forearm.

"Let go of me!" She said forcing E brakes servo off her forearm before walking off. Just then Arcee walked in seeing E brake sitting down with servos on his faceplate "E what's wrong I saw Nautica walk off angry" Arcee asked.

"I potentially just fragged my whole friendship with Nautica" E brake sighed as he looked down. Arcee saw the pain the mech has currently battling and walked over to him then hugged the mech.

"Shhh, it's okay, I'm here" Arcee said getting a hug back in response. Optimus saw the two and cleared his intake getting the attention of the two bots "am I interrupting something?" Optimus asked.

"No, not at all" E brake said "alright then Arcee I need you to check out a forest. It has recently gained an energon pulse" Optimus stated "got it" Arcee said. The two bots let go of each. E brake then stood up "Optimus I'd like to reconsider your offer about a new partner" E brake said.

Arcee looked at E brake "wait new partner?" she questioned "that is right Arcee" Optimus said. E brake then brought himself to smile "what do you say Cee?" E brake said.

Arcee looked at E brake optics wide and the smile "of course" Arcee said. Optimus looked at the pair "alright then it is settled both of you will be scouting the area out, it should be low risk"  Optimus said then walked off.

"We bringing Jack along?" E brake asked "it shouldn't be that bad, he came come along" Arcee said.

Time skip

E brake, Jack and Arcee walked around the forest "great I'm third wheeling..." Jack sighed. E brake heard the complaint and looked at the human "how do you know?" E brake asked "the entire base knows E brake" Jack stated.

"But how?" E brake asked "words spreads quick" Jack stated. Arcee was in front of the two looking at her energon scanner. Meanwhile Jack was trying to swat the mosquitos away "I really wished I packed some insect repellent" Jack stated.

"The mosquitoes out here on this routine recon are the size of vampire bats" Jack added. The human the continued "they nearly drink just as much blood" Jack stated before smacking a mosquito. Arcee looked back "Quite the outdoorsman aren't you Jack?" Arcee said.

"You wouldn't be making fun of my survival kit" Jack asked "maybe" Arcee said "I may not have stinger proof metal skin, Arcee" Jack started "but in a pinch, I can use my multi-function pocketknife and my magnesium fire starter to cook up some freeze-dried Mac and Cheese" Jack stated.