Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"Thesia, get up! Brekkies ready!" Kuya Emmett called, annoyingly landed hard loud knocks on my door.

"Why do you always does this, kuya?!" I retorted, frustrated, and annoyed. He always does this—no, he likes to annoy me and that's his kind of happiness. Kaya walang girlfriend, kung ano-anong ginagawang kabalbalan.

"Thesia!" he shouted, repeatedly calling my name.

Padabog akong bumangon sa pagkatatayo ko sa kama. I know I'll be expecting this dilemma when I got back home and at first, I know I shouldn't worry about it, but it becomes annoying as hell. I walked towards the door and I hesitated to open the door for him.

"Good thing I'm good at keeping locks on my door," I told.

"Well, if I just found out where they put the keys away, I'll let Jack and Kim barge into your room every single second of every single day. They'll make you miserable. I think that's a good way to spend the rest of your summer."

"You're cruel, kuya. You're a monster."

Kahit na may pintuang nakapagitan sa aming dalawa, I can imagine seeing his face beyond this wood partition. Panira ng umaga.

"Just get downstairs, everyone's already there, sleepyhead."

Hinintay ko muna siyang umalis bago ko buksan ang pintuan. When I heard his footsteps going down the stairs, that's the moment I decided to open the door. As I was about to step outside, a hand of full icing spat on my face and I heard kuya's laugh and the kids simultaneously and I couldn't help myself, but screams my frustrations.

"Kuya Emmett!" I angrily shouted. I heard them rushing down the stairs.

But I kept my composure and headed to the bathroom and stare at myself in the mirror. I just washed my face and wipe it off to dry. I just couldn't wait to punch Kuya Emmett on his face. Nagmadali akong bumaba ng hagdan with only one goal in my head, ang makaganti kay kuya.

But as soon as I get there, down the dining hall I found my family sitting properly next to each other. Just when I noticed the new girl in the house waving at me.

"Hi, Thesia!" she greeted, waving her hand into a little movement.

I smiled, joining them and offering me the seat next to her. "I thought you won't be around. Kuya Craig says so."

"Oh, I made a way," Ate Jenna said. "Anyway, I'm so glad I've got to be here. But Craig and I will be spending our new years in Sydney. Just like the tradition. Though after Christmas, we'll leave to visit my family. So, I'll be here for a week and a few days I guess."

"That's fun," I commented. "Do you have any friends?"

"What the hell, Thesia?" Kuya Craig retorted.

I shrugged off. "What are you thinking, Kuya? It's like I'm looking a boy for myself. That's not the intention of my question though. I'm asking for the sake of Kuya Emmett."

"Fuck off, weird name," Kuya Emmett said, drinking some water and looking side by side to spit the water from his mouth to me.

"I'm just being a good sister," I reasoned. "So, Ate Jenna? Do you have any single girl friends?"

She sighed and put a smile on her face. Pilit ba, parang gano'n. "Oh, no. My friends aren't single anymore. Some of them are already married or engaged. I'm sorry, Thesia. But I'll let you know if I knew someone close to me who is single."

"I'll be looking forward to it!" Ngiti ko pa. "Kuya Emmett will also be looking forward to it. Right, kuya?"

He was focusing, trying to get a good shot by spitting it on my face, but the good thing, mom and dad joined us at the table so he wasn't able to do it. But someone did. Jackson did and when Ate Quinn asked why would he do that, both of her kids pointed at Kuya Emmett who may have told them to do it on me. And they won't be held accountable for the actions they do since they were kids, but kuya will be.