Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Christmas is over and I'm back on the training and I still couldn't get over the fact that my Christmas was ruined by what Kuya Henry said. I'm not blaming because he knows for the fact that it was what I wanted to do and I'm just hiding it for the sake of getting closer to Valerio.

And I'm admitting it myself. I just hate how it went.

I'm afraid of showing up to the training. But that doesn't mean I'm quitting. I won't give him that kind of satisfaction knowing that I'm giving up because of these circumstances, but I've seen it all, I'm not just expecting it would happen sooner than I think.

So when I showed up, my body is shaking and so terrified that if he will see me at this state, he would do something bad at me. Pero naghintay ako, dumaan ang minuto at oras ay hindi pa dumarating si Valerio kaya isinama nila ako sa ibang trainees. Iba ang phase ng training nila at mas nauuna sila kaysa sa akin kaya hindi ko sigurado kung makasasabay ako sa kanila, but I'm not making a less of my capabilities.

Kung kaya nila 'yon, kaya ko ring makipagsabayan sa kanila.

And that's when I knew that they knew and what they were doing are more advanced than what I do. Hindi naman ako pwedeng magtanong nang magtanong at lumapit kay Kuya Emmett para humingi ng tulong dahil hindi dapat mangyari 'yon. All these trainings doesn't work like that. I need to step up.

Naisip kong bini-baby ni Valerio ang training ko. Pero alam kong iba-iba ang kakayahan ng bawat isa kaya hindi lahat magpapantay-pantay sa kung ano mang kaya nilang gawin. I know my strengths and my capabilities. I've read the manual guide and it's all in my head, but I just needed to act it all out.

I need to master what's going on in my head...and I think everything would work out perfectly.

Nang magkaroon nang pairing for the training, si kuya talaga ang target kong makapareha ko para incase magkaroon man ng problema, mas madaling solusyonan at hindi na magiging awkward pa since he's always there for at all times so he can help me along the way, but before I could even reach out on him, may nauna na sa kanya at naging ka-partner ko si Robbie and I'm not sure why didn't pair up with him since he's a big guy, like he could do anything, and very charming.

He smiled as he comes close to me. "It's like you're stuck with me for the day."

I nodded. "Yeah... it seems like no one would like to be paired up on me so I guess you have no choice as well."

He smirked. "Well, it's my choice to pair up with you."

That's shocking. Why would he do that? But I'd rather wouldn't ask. Baka kung ano pang isipin nito at mag-assume pa ng bagay-bagay.

"I guess you're really stuck on me."

"That wouldn't be a problem," he said, so assuring. Kinindata pa ako nito at hindi ko alam kung anong mafi-feel ko. "I got you, Thesia."

"Oh..." I muttered when he called me by that name.

"Oh, I apologize. Emmett called you Thesia most of the time so I kinda get used to it." Napakamot pa ito sa kanyang ulo. "But if you'd give me permission to call you like that, that would be good. Do you mind?"

Umiling ako. "No, not really. You can call me anything, just not something that sounds so bad."

He clicked his finger, nodding his head. "Of course, I'll take note of that."

When Brendan gave everyone their tasks today, I don't know if it's a good thing, but Robbie and I will be roving the ground and if we meet some people who needed some help, we'll be there to do what we needed to do to help them.