Chapter 3

Chapter 3

There's nothing really to do during summer, it's boring, hot, and tiring—even though there's nothing else we can do around, nakapapagod pa rin. But then, with my brother's around annoying me like a kid, it was never a boring one since they would all do things to make me move from one area to another just to see me mad. It's their habit and they found it funny.

When I found my brother's busy playing in Kuya Henry's room with his PlayStation, I quickly asked them where the others are and they didn't even look at me and just answered me that they were all out in the backyard.

Padabog ko namang sinarado ang pinto at lahat sila ay tumapon ang tingin sa akin at susugurin pa sana ako ni Kuya Emmett pero agad akong tumakbo palayo at patungo pababa kaya hindi na niya ako hinabol pa. I went straight to the backyard and found my parents there with Ate Quinn and her husband and their kids then Ate Jenna playing with them.

"Thesia!" tawag sa akin ni Kimberly. "Come play with us!"

Ate Jenna giggled on her side, waving her hand to come over in their direction. "Yeah, join us here. Have yourself a tea!"

"I can't have tea in summer," sagot ko.

Napatingin pa ako kay Ate Quinn which she's already giving me glares so I winced and joined them all. Father's helping my mom in their garden. Ate Quinn's husband went back inside the house to get something to eat and drink.

"Have you thought about joining the lifeguard training?" Ate Jenna asked.

I immediately shook my head, quick response of declining the idea. "No. I don't think I'm capable of doing anything like that. I'm far from being athletic so I won't be joining. I'll just let Kuya Emmett do it. Whatever he wants to do."

"I see," she said, nodding her head.

"Are you joining?" I asked, countering the question back to her.

She then shakes her head. "Unfortunately, I'm also not athletic so it's not really in my physique to do that at all. So, what else are you gonna do during summer?"

I shrugged off. "I literally have no plan, but whatever may happen during summer then I'll be good. I hope nothing bad happens."

I joined my pamangkin playing with their stuff and toys. I don't know why summer is kind of boring for me this year. A few months before, I've already been thinking about what kind of things I should do. My travel back to Bangkok exhausted me, but it was fun. I was actually planning to go to Denmark this year, but because my family had this whole idea during summer until the new year, I am going to stay here.

Saglit lamang ay dumating na si Kuya Jordan na may dalang mga tinapay at juice. Kumuha naman ako sa tray matapos niya akong alukin.

"Oh, you like the juice, but have my tea, tita?" tanong ni Kimberly.

I winced. "I think I'm going for the real one, Kim. I'm sorry, kiddo."

"You know what, if you're in England, rejecting a cup of tea is rude," Kuya Jordan said.

My eyes widened when he said that. "Well, I apologize for that."

"No worries, I was just saying." He laughed. He then caught my parent's attention so they could take a break for a minute.

My parents left cleaning their garden for a minute and joined us lounging on the seats. Habang busy ang lahat, I just pulled my phone out of my pocket and mind my own business. And then I received messages that I should do what Rene Tulsa said to my live yesterday. And I haven't think about it, I just don't feel like it would be worthy of my time.