Chapter 15

Chapter 15

"It's been two weeks already," aniko saka bitaw nang malalim na buntonghininga.

A lot of things happened so quickly and I've got to learn a lot of things by then. I think Valerio was a really good mentor and he taught me a lot that I think maybe useful enough for future circumstances. At this moment, wala pa talaga sa plano ko ang mag-stay. I still need to finish my study and maybe in the future, if given a chance, I could come back and pursue it.

It is just summer... and I've got nothing else to do.

Rasha left Australia and went to India na with her family so I've got no one. Ang mga naiwan lang sa bahay ay si Ate Quinn at ang asawa't mga anak nito, Kuya Henry, at Kuya Emmett. Kuya Craig and Ate Jenna left to go to the city where they would spend their time until new year.

I thought I should be resting for the rest of the day since I need to get my energy back on, but it's the 24th of December today and I should be helping my family prepare for the Christmas Eve dinner later. Mabuti na lang din at natapat ng weekend ang Christmas because if that happens, I would have to spend the day on the beach, but I guess that doesn't really matter since most of the families will spend their Christmas on the beach as well so it's just like a normal thing.

While I was preparing to do a quick live, nakaupo na ako't lahat, biglang may kumatok sa pinto ng kwarto ko.

"Aesthesia!" pagtawag nito sa akin. "Why is your door locked?" aburido pa nitong dagdag.

Padabog akong tumayo sa kinauupuan ko at lumapit sa pinto para pagbuksan ang kumag kong kuya. I showed him a smug face.

"What kind of face is that?" he questioned, more like an insult. "Is that permanent? How will you be able to celebrate Christmas with a face like that, Thesia?"

I was about to shut the door in front of Kuya Henry's face when he immediately stopped me from doing it. "What do you want, kuya? I was about to do my live and you interrupted me."

"You're not going live," he said, shaking his head. "You'll be coming with me."

I scrunched my face. "And where would that be? I know I'll be helping mom later cooking the dishes so I cannot be out for so long."

"I know that, but you're coming with me to the grocery. I'll be getting some of the ingredients for my dish. We don't have it yet and mum told me to get some stuff she needed as well. She knows it already so I don't need to hear more reasons, you're coming with me."

I grunted, rolling my eyes dahil wala nga akong laban do'n. Lumabas na ako ng kwarto at sinundan ko siya. Nagpalaam naman kami kina mama na abala na sa pag-aasikaso ng Christmas eve dinner for later. Kahit na medyo bagsak ang katawan ko, pinili ko na lang ding sumama kay kuya.

Tumuloy kami sa sasakyan at siya ang nagmaneho patungo sa malapit na grocery.

"What are you cooking ba?" I asked.

"Nothing special. I'll be just doing lumpia rolls and of course, the lobster. They liked my lumpia last time so I will be making it again."

"Okay... but why don't you add that up to your menu on the food truck? It doesn't have to be an ice cream truck alone?"

He chuckled, shaking his head. "That's why it was called ice cream truck because I am selling ice cream, but we'll see in the future. I'm not eliminating that idea. We could do that in the future. And oh, before we go home, we have to go around the neighborhood and grab the Lechon."

Nanlaki naman ang mata ko sa sinabi ni kuya. "How are we all cooking and buying these foods? Would we be able to finish all of that? Kuya Craig and Ate Jenna aren't around so..."