Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"Basically, Aesthesia Serene, you're stuck here," Rasha implied, kept bringing it onto me.

Napabitaw na lamang ako nang malalim na buntonhininga. Napaikot din ang mata ko dahil totoo naman iyong sinabi niya. Like there's anything else I could do but look after Ate Quinn's children and good thing, Jackson's cute and sleeping so I only have to look after Kimberly who sprung out of her play area and do whatever she think she can do. She's just playing around.

And if something breaks or is shattered, obviously, I would be getting the blame for not looking after them. What a great summer for me.

"I'm glad you came here," I said. "I think I'll lose my mind."

"Did Henry left as well?" Rasha asked, simply examining the place around. Bahagya ko naman siyang hinampas sa hita niya at biglang binato sa akin ang tingin niya. She was startled, maybe really hoping to see him around, but it shows disgust all over my face. "You know how I'm so obsessed with Henry."

"You never used that word before," pagpunto ko sa sinabi niya. "I didn't know you were obsessed to him. Like, thinking of it alone disgusts me. Rasha, you could have all the men in the world and date any men, just not my brother. That's not something I would say, that's a piece of advice from your best friend."

But it seems like Rasha didn't mind what I say, she just shrugged it off and played with Kimberly on the floor. She pulled me close to as we will begin Kimberly's tea party with some of the stuffed toys and dolls she grabbed from my drawer last night.

"Have you heard about the lifeguard training on Bondi Beach?" I started.

Rasha looked up, creasing her forehead and that only tells she has no idea what I was talking about. "No... we were there last night. I could've known what you were saying if I did. But what about it? Lifeguard training? During summer?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I think so and a lot of people have nothing else to do. Probably they'll be targeting those young adult boys and not teens. But Kuya Emmett will be joining them. Oh!" I gasped as I've realized something else.

Rasha was shocked by my reaction. "W-what?"

"They all left. My brothers left so I guess they all went to the beach and supported Kuya Emmett there. I get it now."

"Maybe we should get there as well," Rasha suggested. "Support Henry—I mean, Emmett."

I shook my head. "Nope. We're staying here. We're not going after them. They should do whatever they wanted to do. I'm not going to the beach with them. Let's just look after the kids. And what else you could say to me earlier? We totally forgot about that."

"Yeah, I was washed out by Henry," she said, giggling. Shaking her head to wiggle her hair then fixed it. "I feel like I'm pretty today, but I'm just gonna say that I and my family will spend our vacation to Singapore until the new year. So I'm out of the country for three weeks or so."

"When did they plan it?" I asked, sipping the tea imaginably.

"Like... just when I called you earlier. They just told me we'll be going to Singapore and I was like... that's fine, we could go. I don't mind. Though we've been to Singapore before, but a good thing we're not going to India. Oh, don't make it sound bad, but I feel like it's best for us five to be there. And you've got your whole family here so you won't be bored."

"That's a fact," I said. "I'll be just annoyed for the rest of the summer."

"Well, I would love to do that if I was in your position," Rasha said, giggling. But I throw glares at her and she immediately shook her head, denying what she just said to me. "Okay, okay, fine! I won't say anything about your brother anymore. I'm just gonna keep everything to myself."