Chapter 29

Chapter 29

I deactivated all of my social media accounts before we go to the beach. Si Rasha lang ang nakaaalam no'n dahil siya ang unang nakakita ng mga post patungkol sa akin. Good thing some of my brothers haven't noticed it yet and I don't want to put them into this situation since wala naman silang kinalaman.

"This is the last week of our training, Thesia." Bumuga nang malalim na hininga si Kuya Emmett. "We should do our best."

Tumango na lamang ako sa kanya. I tried to be positive and act as nothing happened, but I feel like whatever's happening affecting me. Naalala ko iyong sinabi sa akin ni Rasha na I shouldn't let it get into my nerves but it's happening and I can't get it off my head.

When we get to meet all the other trainees, they were so excited to do the final assessment since everyone is looking forward to officially becoming a lifeguard. Who doesn't want that kind of job, right?

Teka... ako lang ata.

Valerio wouldn't be here with me to guide, teach, or mentor me. Telling me all the necessary things I need to do to pass the assessment. Last week, he made it sure that I am going to pass the assessment. He did everything he could for me and if I failed, it's like I'm also failing him and I don't want that to happen.

I cannot see Valerio's face disappointed in me again.

"Hey, Aesthesia!" Napalingon ako sa tumawag sa akin. Si Alexis iyon at ang laki ng ngiti nitong lumapit sa akin. "Finally! We get to do the final assessment together! You impressed for the past few weeks. You were doing so great. You're such a determined girl—I mean, woman!"

We both laughed when she corrected herself.

"No, that's fine. Yeah, I'm also happy to join everyone else on the final training. I don't have much experience as many of you guys are, but I'm going to do my best."

"Yeah, that's the spirit!"

I barely even talk in the next few moments. Tinitingnan ko lang sila at nakikinig sa mga pinag-uusapan nila. They could be talking about me and I'm not aware of that.

Saglit lang nang biglang may nag-bump sa gilid ko at nang tingnan koi yon ay inangat ko ang tingin ko. Si Robbie lang pala.

"How are you doing, Thesia?" he asked.

"I'm actually nervous." I winced.

He creased his forehead. "That doesn't seem like you are. What are you nervous about?" Hindi ako sumagot sa tanong niya. "Hm... whatever you're thinking of right now, I know you'll do it." Tinapik nito ang balikat ko. "We'll all do this together. You got us here."

"Thanks, Rob. I appreciate your kind words."

"Not a problem."

"What is happening here?" Biglang pagpasok ni Kuya Emmett sa pagitan naming dalawa ni Robbie. "Are you hitting up my sister, Robbie?"

His eyes widened and immediately shook his head. Though Robbie's older than him and look so terrified to my brother. "No, I'm not, Emmett. Your sister is a sweet and kind person. I'm not hitting up on her, we're just friends. Right, Thesia?"

I smirked and nodded. "Yeah, we're just friends."

"See?" Robbie said as he got the same answer from me. "I'm sure you should be asking that to someone else and not on me."

Naningkit ang mata ni Kuya Emmett. Hindi ito nagbigay ng komento kung hindi ay sinundan din namin ng tingin ang direksyong tintingnan niya. Tumama ang mata ko kung nasaan si Valerio. Nakatayo siya sa labas ng tower at nakasuot ng deep sunglass.