Chapter 28

Chapter 28

When Rene told me she would be meeting me this weekend, gusto ko siyang takasan, but I also wanted to be true to my words with Valerio na hindi ko na nga itutuloy ang pag-interview sa kanya. Which is the sole purpose kung bakit din ako sumali ng lifeguard training and when I got side tracked and thought that it's not gonna be beneficial for both of us, hinayaan ko na lang.

He needs his private life since most of his stay here in Bondi, a lot of journalists are coming after him just to get a glimpse of what really happened that day. I know what happened that day. He told me and I mean to respect that.

He also told me that whatever he told Cory and Douglas, it was just all the same stuff he said from his past interviews and he would never do it again. That's why he never entertained my request on him... that's why entering the training thought it could be my way of getting closer to him.

But things changed along the way and I don't regret it.

Saglit lamang ay may kumatok na pinto. Hindi na ako hinintay nito na magbukas at bumungad si Kuya Henry.

"Rasha's here," anunsyo nito sa akin. Saglit lang din ay lumusot ang ulo ni Rasha. Malapad ang ngiti nito at nakuha pang makipagtitigan sa kuya.

"Thanks, Henry," she said so amusedly.

He smirked. "No problem. Anyway, where are you guys going? Don't you want to join me on the food truck today?"

Mabilis na lumingon sa akin si Rasha because she would do that without hesitation, but because we've got other things to do hindi siya pupweding um-oo.

"We'll be going somewhere."

"To where? Are you going out with Valerio?" dagdag na tanong pa nito.

I quickly shook my head. "No, we're meeting someone else. She's a girl from Perth."

"She's one of her followers," pagdurugtong pa ni Rasha.

"Ah. I see... if you can come by the beach later, would you mind helping me out?"

"We'll try!" si Rasha na ang sumagot.

"Thanks, girls!" Ngiti ni Kuya Henry saka sinara ang pinto at iniwan kaming dalawa nito sa kwarto.

Parang tanga naman na kinikilig na umupo si Rasha sa kama ko.

"You know, your house is the best meeting place ever," she said. "There are not many pretty guys like Henry on India—I'm not making any less of them, but you know why Henry is so fine for me."

I scrunched my face, slightly disgusted by the fact she keeps putting her admiration for my brother on my face.

"You've been away for two weeks. A lot of things happened," I said. "Especially on the beach."

Napanguso naman ito at humalukipkip. "Whatever, Thesia. If you're gonna break my heart with all those stuff then I'm not gonna come with you meeting Rene."

"No!" I quickly said. "Okay, I won't say anything, just come with me. You just got home in time so I won't have to do this alone. If you just saw what happened yesterday at the beach, it was so awkward I wanted to push her away. She's smiling like a weirdo. She kinds of freaking me out."

"We'll see what she will do later," she said, arching her brow repeatedly. "But I have an assumption she could ruin everything."

"Oh, no. Don't say that." Napabitaw na lamang ako nang malalim na buntonghininga. "I just hope we'll settle it perfectly and she won't take it too personally and also respect my decision."