Chapter 34

Chapter 34

"I hated this feeling..." I muttered when I'm packing up the last few of my clothes.

"Why would you have to go tomorrow? We can both go on the weekend! I think that'll be fun and we can still spend some time?"

"I wish I could do that." I sighed, rolling my eyes. "But I've got it all settled and cannot change my schedule. I still have one night. I'll be leaving at eight in the morning tomorrow. It's a well-spent summer. One sure thing I couldn't change for anything."

"Well, except for almost dying," she pointed out. "But as far as I can see, all the things that you did here on the beach all throughout summer is something I couldn't have done for myself. Well done. At least, you're alive and have a boyfriend." She giggled.

I grabbed the pillow next to me and smashed her with it. "No! Valerio's not my boyfriend. Just because I've met his father doesn't mean we're getting there. We're just friends and I think it's better to stay it that way. Long-distance is hard."

"Hmm... are you sure?"

I grunted. "Kurutin ko singit mo, Rasha!"

She laughed. Halatang gigil kasi ang expression ng mukha ko. "I don't know what you said, but don't deny it. I know you like him. Just say the truth."

"Okay, fine. I like him, but not that much!"

She smirked, arching her brow. "Don't tell that to my face. Tell that to Valerio who you keep dodging his stares. But did he say anything about everything?"

"Nothing."

I lied. Hindi ko sinabi sa kanya iyong halik na iniwan ni Valerio sa akin. I almost get caught from that moment, Kuya Emmett asking what I was doing outside. Hindi ko naman sinagot dahil alam kong aasarin niya lang ako. I kept it for myself. I don't know what's happening on Valerio's head, I'm not sure about everything.

"For real? That's boring. Good thing, he's a pretty-hunky man."

I giggled. "That I won't deny."

Nagpatuloy naman ako sa pagliligpit ng mga gamit ko. Tinulungan naman ako ni Rasha na iligpit ang mga ito. Well, she's here not because of Kuya Henry—for the first time. Rasha will be leaving on weekend. Mauuna lamang ako. We're on a different university and if we're going to the same university, we would be leaving on the same time, so we're just spending what we could do to our time.

Pagbalik sa college, haharapin ko ulit ang sandamakmak na school works.

"Hey, I just remember one thing," Rasha said. "What about the interview? I know Rene made a big issue with it and hopefully, she won't get back to you. But that's the reason you've joined the training so what are you gonna do with all the information you have?"

"Well, I'll keep it for myself. Valerio and I talked about it, I won't publish any articles that he is the subject. I think I'll be focusing on the Bondi beach which is pretty relevant at any time so that's still a good subject—a lot of things happened in a day on the beach so I can work on it."

"I see..."

"And about what happened to me and Rene. I think one of the reasons that made me go to the water that day was because of how I was conscious about what people would say to me. I was so anxious. I was terrified... so heading to the water, I let it all go and somehow it made me feel so free about anything."

"Well, what she did was wrong. I hope you blocked her."

"I almost did," I said. "She messaged me. I didn't tell you about this because I know what would be your reaction is. She reached out to me when she heard the news that I drowned on the beach. She apologizes for coming at me like that. She felt so sorry for all the actions she did on social media. I forgave her. I didn't block her. But we're not friends anymore. I'm not sure if she unfollowed me or whatever. We're passed over the issue, I'm moving forward to an even better future."