Chapter 16

Chapter 16

During dinner, I thought it would really be so awkward since bringing Valerio into the house wasn't planned at all, but I've prepared for it and it actually turned out great. But my heart has been beating rapidly all throughout the dinner and I know that I won't get away with it since Valerio's my guest and I have to be with him at all times.

But good thing, my brother took him for a minute and they are all in the backyard drinking beers. I'm not even sure if Valerio's drinking alcoholic beverages, but as soon as it happened, I immediately ran back ahead of my room and keep myself calm.

When I tried calling Rasha, good thing she answered my call. Bumugad naman sa kaya ang mukha kong nagpa-panic at tinawanan niya lang ako.

"Don't laugh at me like that! I'm literally panicking here! I don't know what to do! Tell me what should I do!"

Pero tuloy-tuloy lang din siya sa pagtawa sa akin. "And who's fault was it, huh?" pang-aasar pa nito.

"I did not invite him!" pagpaiintindi ko sa kanya. "I wouldn't invite him if Kuya Henry didn't show up out of nowhere. We were just talking and he just hey, come to our dinner later nyenyenye. But I didn't hate that he was here, it's just that, it's so awkward!"

"Or you're just making it so awkward?" she countered, raising her brow on me. "I'm sure you don't fancy him, right?"

Agad akong umiling sa tanong niya. "I don't fancy him. I don't like him or anything at all. I've never gone that far and that would be so irrational to think of. What do you think I should do?"

She shrugged off. "Let it play out!" she said and the last thing I would want to hear. "It's not like he would do something to you. He's not your boyfriend and he's there as a guest and not your special someone so don't be so anxious. Look at him like he was just your mentor and picture it out just like that. Not a problem at all."

Napabuntong hininga na lamang ako. I'm trying to picture it out in my head, but I kept thinking about the worst things and all the possible things that could happen.

"Thesia," pagtawag ni Rasha sa akin. "It's Christmas, you gotta let all that go for now. Be happy and do all the things you wanted to do. Just don't get so awkward in front of him. Be a friend. Are you listening to me, Thesia?"

"Uh, yes...."

"Cool! So, yes, just be a friend to him and you don't have to be worried about anything. And now, where are you? Are you locking yourself in your room now?" Tumango-tango ako sa tanong niya. "Get yourself out of your room, Thesia. It's not like Valerio would say something bad against you... or does he?"

Naningkit ang mata ko sa sinabi niya. "See? I don't know what to do now," I grunted, rolling my eyes.

Rasha just giggled. "Go on, Thesia. Have fun and spend your time with your family and with your special guest."

"No, he's just a guest. Not a special one," mataray kong pagtama sa kanya.

She smirked, nodding her head. "Okay, good. Now, it's time to go. Merry Christmas, Thesia... I'll be seeing you next year!"

"Merry Christmas, Rasha... you're such a good friend," I sarcastically said and laughed.

When I hang up the call, I know what Rasha said would do good for me. Baka nga nag-ooverthink lang din talaga ako and that's bad for me. I shouldn't be thinking all about it when there's nothing to be anxious about.

Tumayo ako saka naglakad patungo sa pinto. Bago ko pa buksan 'yon, humugot ako nang malalim na hininga. When I walked out of the room and headed downstairs, nakasalubong ko pa si Ate Quinn na idinala ako sa kusina kung saan inutusan akong dalhin ang gelatin sa backyard kung nasaan ang mga boys. The kids are playing in the living room so she cannot take her eyes off of them at baka kung ano pa ang mangyari.