3

It's been a while since that whole zoo fiasco and we were finally allowed out of the rooms for more than a moment at a time.

Harry was in the kitchen doing dishes just as I walked to pick up the broom I seen the mail come through the slot.

I put them up and then walked over to the door before bending down and picking the pile up.

I skimmed through them until my eyes widen seeing two large letters. One addressed to Harry and the other to me.

Who would be writing to us?

My hand traces the writing that says:

                            Ms Y/n. Potter.
                  The Cupboard under the Stairs.
                             4 Privet Drive.
                             Little Whining.
                                   Surrey.

I grew suspicious of this, how would anyone know our room was and that we both stayed there?

Maybe it was a sick joke from our Uncle Vernon, maybe even Dudley though I doubt he would be smart enough to do so.

Either way I also felt a tinge of excitement because deep down I felt whatever this letter held was important.

I walk into the kitchen and hand Uncle Vernon the rest of the mail before hurrying over to Harry with a hopeful smile and hold it up to his face.

He smiles just as confused as me before grabbing it and feeling it with his hands and just as we were about to open them Dudley quickly snatched them both from our hands making me trying to grab it from him with angry grunts.

"Dad look! Y/n and Harry have gotten letters!" He then hands them to his father who thinks it's not true laughing slightly.

"Hey!" I exclaim.

"Give them back, they are ours!" Harry yells as they all surround Uncle Vernon looking to them.

"Who'd be writing to you two?" He says while laughing before turning the letters over.

Suddenly Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunias eyes widen as the see the crest on the letter. They look to each other then back to us.

They wouldn't let us see the letters and threw them away even with our yelling and begging.

Days went by and oddly more and more letters would keep arriving in the mail addressed to us. It was always the same and Uncle Vernon each time would deal with them.

Whether it was shredding them or burning them.

The only question I have though, is who is trying to reach us so badly? And why?

Eventually he bolted the mail slot shut just to keep them from entering the house. We rolled our eyes at this action as we played around with some small figures in our "room".

We opened the door slightly and looked out watching as he did it before shutting the door with frowns.

Soon the house was swarmed with several different owls outside everyday.

To the point where some had to stay perched on top of the car.

He'd grin wickedly at us while he burned the large pile of letters daily.

"Fine day Sunday. In my opinion, the best day of the week. Why is that Dudley?" Uncle Vernon asked turning to our cousin who just shrugged.

In sync Harry and I both said "Cause theirs no post on Sundays."