5

We had only made it a few streets down but with the weight of my chest and the still boiling anger in my veins I had had enough and finally with a loud frustrated yell dropped it all before collapsing onto a wall nearby.

I pulled my knees to my chest as I sighed lowering my head down.

I felt Harry move to sit besides me though I didn't move, neither did he. We just sat in a comfortable silence for a while, both trying to calm down, but I can't remember the last time I was ever this angry, this.....this hurt.

As time went on though, it seemed my other senses started to kick in as I looked up realizing we were alone on a dark street in the middle of the night. I panicked slightly at this before turning to  Harry. 

"What are we going to do, Harry? We have no where to go, even if we did how would we get there? Maybe we could....no....what about..." I sighed as I rambled making him turn to me.

"Y/n, it's okay, we'll figure something out, I promise." I looked to him for a moment and nodded believing him. Somehow things usually work out, let's hope it stays that way for us. 

Now that I could actually think about everything that went down tonight my eyes immediately widened. Harry and I had done serious magic, which meant we were almost certainly expelled from Hogwarts. We had broken the Decree of the Restriction of Underaged Wizardry so badly, I was surprised Ministry of Magic representatives weren't swooping down on us where we sat.

I shivered slightly as I looked at the darks street before me. What was going to happen to us? Would we be arrested, or would we simply be outlawed from the wizarding world? I though of Hermione, Ron, Fred, George, and others at Hogwarts, and my heart sunk even lower. 

I had no idea if we were criminals or not, though if we were the others would want to help us, that much I know. But, now that Hedwig and Zephyr were gone, we had no means of contacting them. 

We didn't have Muggle money, either. There was a little wizard gold in out money bags in the bottom of our trunks, but the rest of the fortune our parents left us is stored at Gringotts. 

"We have to have something that can help..." Harry muttered as he started going through his chest, I shrugged as I stood up and also began looking through mine for anything useful.

"What about the cloak?" I ask since I didn't have it in my trunk. Harry nodded looking for it in his when he seemed to straighten suddenly. He looked on edge as he looked to me, and that's when I felt it....eyes. Like someone was watching us. 

I looked around as the hairs on the back of my head stood up, though I saw nothing but the other houses on the street. I bent over looking into my trunk, but almost immediately stood up again once more, my hand clenched on my wand.

I had sensed rather than heard it, someone of something was standing in the narrow gap between the garage and the fence behind us. I squinted at the black alleyway. If only it would move, then id know whether it was just a stray cat or-- something else.

"Lumos," I muttered lowly, and a light appeared at the end of my wand, almost dazzling me. It got even brighter, making me notice Harry had done the same looking in the same direction I was. 

I held my wand high over my head, and the pebble-dashed walls of number two suddenly sparkled; the garage door gleamed, and between them I saw, quite distinctly, the hulking outline  of something very big, with wide, gleaming eyes.

I stepped backwards next to Harry, as I grabbed his arm, this time he also sees, well, whatever it is. Our legs hit one of the trunks and we tripped. Our wands flew out of our hands as we flung our arms out in attempt to break our falls, and we landed, hard, in the gutter of all places......