11

Soon enough thick layers of beautiful white snow covered the grounds of Hogwarts, thus welcoming one of my favorite times of the year.

Activities included everyone messing around in the snow, making snowman, sleigh rides, ice skating and much more. Soon enough Christmas break would arrive and most of the students would be leaving.

That being said I wanted to spend as much time with my friends as possible today.

The day that I woke up to it being extra cold in the dormitories I knew that when I'd look outside I would see freshly fallen snow.

I through my blanket off of of my allowing my soft Gryffindor colored socks hit the ground, leaving no room for sudden coldness from the floor.

I ran over to the widen and a huge smile crossed my face.

I hurried to wake Hermione before we both got dressed in warm clothes, but, Hermione being the genius she is also but a spell on us both to insure we didn't get to cold.

"Morning Weasleys, fellow Gryffindors, and dear brother!" I exclaim as we reached the table for some breakfast.

The red heads, the others, and Harry all looked over to me with tired eyes that read they wanted to simply go back to bed as it was the weekend.

"Oh, don't be like that. Come on, last year we had so much fun in the snow, plus it would be nice to have something else to do before break." I tell them with a small smile trying to kept the events that recently occurred out of my mind for now.

Fred and Harry seemed to be the only ones to notice the slight saddened undertone.

"Fine, but only because I happen to also enjoy the snow and was already awake." Fred says taking a bite of his toast as George raises a brow his way.

"You said you wanted to sleep in today." He says looking to his twin brother who throws a glare his way.

"Well, maybe I don't anymore George." He says in a hushed tone that just made George shake his head with a grin.

"Whatever you say brother." He seems to tease but I ignore it as I eat the rest of the food on my plate.

Soon enough everyone was finished with their breakfast and I made sure to grab Dean and Seamus along with Neville who looked rather blue today to join us outside.

He told me about his parents, but made my promise to not tell anyone else.

In a way we both understood what it was like to lose your parents, I suppose just like Harry and I, he feels a bit left out this time of the year.

We all raced outside and I laughed looking up as it started snowing lightly.

I gasp though as something cold hits my face.

I turn slowly to see Fred and George looking my way.

"It was him!" They both exclaim pointing to each other.

I glare at the two before saying "This...means...war."

Their eyes widened and everyone else seemed to get the idea as we all basically ran from each other while collecting piles of snow in our hands as fast as we could.

"Oi, not the face!" I hear Seamus screech as Dean tackles him to the ground before pelting him with snow.

We all laughed and screamed loudly as we were hit with snowballs and tried to hit anyone who was around us.

I gasp dramatically as I was hit in the chest and turned to see it was Harry.

"How, how could you. My own brother." I gasp out before falling making him just out laughing.