4

On the threshold stood Aunt Marge, who looked much like her brother.

"Wheres my Dudders?!" roared Aunt Marge. "Wheres my neffy-poo?"

I watched as Dudley came waddling down the hall, his hair plastered to his head, a bow tie just visible. Aunt Marge thrusted the suitcase into my stomach, knocking the wind out of me, seized Dudley in a tight one armed hug, and planted a large kiss to his cheek.

Harry was quick to take the obnoxiously large suitcase, sending me a look asking if I was okay to which I nodded yes.

I looked back to the two knowing perfectly well that Dudley only put up with Aunt Marges hugs because he was well paid for it, and sure enough, when they broke apart she handed him a crisp twenty pound note making me roll my eyes.

"Petunia!" Shouted Aunt Marge, striding past Harry and I as though we were a hat stand. At that I quickly decided I was done being in the same room with the women when I didn't have to be. Harry and I used her large suitcase as an excuse to get away as we both struggled to drag it up the stairs, but trust me, this was better than being down there. We honestly took as long as we could purposely.

We eventually headed back down to the kitchen watching as the women drank tea and was handed fruitcake. I took in an anxious breath as I went to sit in my seat along with Harry, which made her dog Ripper growl at us.

This seemed to have gained her attention as she finally seemed to notice us.

"So!" she barked. "Still here, are you?"

"Yes," we both said trying to hide our distaste.

"Don't say 'yes' in that ungrateful tone," Aunt Marge growled. Its times like these I can really believe that people look just like their dogs as my eyes trailed from the drooling, vicious dog and then back to her.

"Its damn good of Vernon and Petunia to keep you both. Wouldn't have done it myself. You'd have gone straight to an orphanage if you'd been dumped on my door step."

I had to bite my tongue to stop me from having an outburst, the only thing keeping my civil was the thought of Hogsmeade. I looked to Harry whose jaw was clearly clenched and forced a painful fake smile making him continue to play along also.

"Don't you two smirk at me!" she boomed, and I could have swore a view popped I mar forehead. You can't win with this woman.

"I can see you haven't improved since I last saw you both. I hoped school would have knocked some manners into you." She took a large gulp of tea, wiped her mustache, and said, "Where is it you send them, again, Vernon?"

"St. Brutus's," said Uncle Vernon promptly. "Its a first rate institution for hopeless cases."

"I see," she said. "Do they use the cane at St. Brutus's, boy? Girl?" she barked across the table as she looked to us both.

We both looked surprised my this not sure what to say, at least until we saw Uncle Vernon send us a nod making us sigh.

"Yes." We both said, and for some reason I decided if we were going to do this, lets do it right, "All the time." I say with a fake smile as I rested my chin on my hands which were held up as my elbows leaned on the table. 

This made Harry snort slightly, though she didn't notice.

"Excellent," she said. " I won't have this namby-pamby, wishy-washy nonsense about not hitting people who deserve it. A good thrashing is what's need in ninety-nine cases out of a hundred. Have either of you been beat often?" 

Harry looked to me trying to hide a small smile as he said loudly "Oh, yeah, loads of times." It was my turn to try and hide a small laugh at his tone. Ive never said this to him, but he really was quite sassy most of the time.