1

Hogwarts.

That place and all of the wizarding world was something we only just discovered last year.

It was a powerful, beautiful, and even dangerous world but it was one I'd  choose over and over again.

Especially because of the people in it.

That is why, even though I've spent my entire life with the Dursley's and you'd think I'd be used to it, but no, all I want to do throw myself out of a window.

Just imagine it, being in a place like Hogwarts for a year and then coming back to this -this place. If I could I simply wouldn't come back, but I have no say in the matter.

Thats why this summer has seemed to be the longest summer of my life.

I peel my eyes from my window and turn at the sound of two owls screeching slightly and sigh.

I turn to them with a sad smile and see Harry doing the same.

"I'm sorry, we can't let you out." I tell them before walking over and petting them through the cages.

The poor things have been locked up this entire time because of our aunt and uncle. Made me sick to see them so trapped.

"We're not allowed to use magic outside of school." Harry says as if talking to them making me chuckle.

You see, surprisingly, after we returned from Hogwarts we were given a bit more respect. Maybe it's because they were slightly afraid of us but either way they gave us an actual room to share.

It had two beds, one for Harry and one for me. Two dressers and a closet we have to share.

Though on my side I had my own wall which was covered with memories of my first year at Hogwarts. My house flag, moving photographs, and posters.

Harry had his own side decorated as he pleases as well.

I sighed as they screeched once again biting at this locks on their cages.

"Potters!!"

I closed my eyes with a heavy groan and then open them again.

"Now look what you two have done." I say to them annoyed, not at them really but our uncle.

We both get up and head downstairs to where we were called.

I open the door to the kitchen and see Aunt Petunia decorating a rather beautiful cake she had mad for a special dinner tonight.

She sees us and says "He's in there." We nod and then make our way into the living room.

We then see he was busy fixing Dudleys tie before he turns to face us.

"I'm warning you both. If you can't control those bloody birds they will have to go." He says making us sigh.

"But they're bored." Harry tells him.

"If we could only let them out and hour or two...." I start but he cuts me off with a laugh.

"What, so you can send secret messages to your freaky little friends. No, definitely not." He says as he turns to look in a mirror fixing himself once more and then his son.

I look down after he mentioned messages a familiar sadness growing.

"But, we haven't had any messages. From any of our friends." Harry says his own voice lingering with slight sadness.

"Not one." I add and then feel Harry put a hand on my shoulder as he sent me a sad smile that I forced myself to return.

"Who would want to be friends with you two?" Dudley says mockingly as I glare at him my fist clenched.