13

Christmas break came and passed much quicker than I'd have liked but it was nice to see the halls filled again.

School has been resumed for several weeks now and we're all starting to get back into the swing of things.

I was currently in the great hall sitting at our table as we all sat together with our books out completely working together.

I smiled when I heard a familar screech before feeling the air move around me.

"Hello Zephyr." I greet as I look up seeing him perched up on one of my books.

I smile as I pet him making him lean in happily enjoying it.

Hermione was looking at Ron and couldn't not hold her tongue any longer.

"Pathetic. Your playing with cards when we've got final exams coming up." She says looking to him in almost disbelief.

Ron wasn't a studier, he choose to wing it most of the time.

"I'm ready!" He says throwing his cards down another by her pestering him.

"Ask me anything?" He challenges and I look up.

This should be great.

Harry looked just the same already laughing knowing Ron will be left proven wrong, as usual.

"Alright. What are the three most crucial ingredients in a forgetfulness potion?" She asks and my mind started thinking of the answers itself.

Ron remained silent as he looked down and muttered "I forgot."

"That's ironic." I mutter flipping my page making Harry snort.

"And what may I ask will you do if this happened to come up on the final exam?" She asks him.

"Copy off you!" He taunts annoyed.

"No you won't!" She says seriously to him looking like he had cursed the girl or something.

The things she takes serious and the things she doesn't are quite odd at times.

She calms down and the says smartly "Besides, Professor Mcgonaglle said we'll be given special quills to which she's put an anti cheating spell."

"That's insulting!" Ron exclaims making me hold in a laugh as he is obviously now panicking.

"It's as if they don't trust us!" He adds looking to Harry and I.

Harry just shrugs while I say "I wonder why..." as I looked to him playing with his cards again.

We all turn as the room is suddenly filled with laughed and my eyes widen to see a, well a hopping Neville. It was as if his feet were stick together making me sigh.

"Malfoy." We all muttered with anger.

I stood up and walked over to Neville saying "Let me help you."

"Thanks Y/n." He says as he puts his arm over my shoulder allowing me to help him walk. I then look to the people who were laughing and exclaim "Got nothing better to do huh? Seems like you all should be more worried about your exams unless you wan't to look like an even bigger fool than him!"

This made everyone look back down to their work as I helped Neville to the chair.

"You didn't have to do that." He says looking down embarrassed.

"Of course I do, your my friend." I tell him before looking down to his feet.

"You have got to start standing up to people Neville." Ron says feeling bad for the boy.