6

It took Harry and I several days to get used to our new strange freedom. 

Never before had we'd been able to get up whenever we wanted or eat whatever we fancied. We could go wherever we pleased , as long as it was in Diagon Alley, and as this long cobbled street was packed with the most fascinating wizarding shops in the world, Harry and I felt no desire to break our words to Fudge and stray back into the Muggle world, no matter how odd his conversation was. 

We ate breakfast each morning in the Leaky Cauldron, where we liked watching the other guests: funny little witches from the country, up for a days shopping; venerable-looking wizards arguing over the latest article in Transfiguration Today; wild- looking warlocks; raucous dwarfs; and once, what looked suspiciously like a hag, who ordered a plate of raw liver from behind a thick woolen balaclava.

After breakfast we would then go into the backyard, take out our wands, tap the third brick from the left above the trash bin, and stand back as the archway into Diagon Alley opened in the wall. 

We spent the long sunny days exploring the shops and eating under the brightly colored umbrellas outside cafes, where our fellow diners were showing one another their purchases or else discussing the case of Sirus Black. We didn't have to do our homework under the blankets by flashlight any more; now we could sit in the bright sunshine outside Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlor, finishing all of our essays, helping each other, and even receiving help from Florean Fortescue himself, who, apart from knowing a great deal about medieval witch burnings, gave Harry and I free sundaes every half an hour.

Once we both refilled our money bags with gold Galleons, silver Sickles, and bronze Knots from our vault at Gringotts, we had to exercise a lot of self-control not to spend the whole lot at once. 

We kept reminding ourselves, and each other that we had five years to go at Hogwarts, and how it would fell to ask the Dursley's for money for spell books, to stop ourselves from buying a handsome set of solid gold Gobstones. 

This day though, we decided to go to one of our favorite shops, Quality Quidditch Supplies. There was a huge crowd getting our attention as we looked to each other and the started walking to the store.

"What do you suppose that's all about?" he asked making me look to him.

"I don't know, but they all look very excited about something....so let's go find out!" I exclaim with a smile grabbing his arm and walking faster as I dragged him along making him laugh. 

We edged our way inside and squeezed in among the excited witches and wizards until we glimpsed a newly erected podium, on which was mounted the most magnificent broom I had ever seen in my life. 

"Its beautiful..." I gasped in awe as I absentmindedly reached for it basically drooling over the new broom.

"Its more than beautiful, it's stunning." Harry said just as awe filled as me. What can I say, Quidditch was literally in our blood thanks to our Dad. We're crazy for the sport.

I then tune into what others wizards were saying around us as we tried to inch closer.

"Just come out--- prototype----" a square-jawed wizard was telling his companion.

"Its the fastest broom in the world, isn't it, Dad?" Squeaked a boy younger than Harry and I, who was swinging off his fathers arm.

"Irish International Side's just put in an order for seven of these beauties!" the proprietor of the shop told the crowd. "And they're favorites for the World Cup!" 

Once a witch in front of us moved, Harry and I were able to read the sign and I couldn't image the price they'd want for a broom such as this. How much gold it would cost, but I've never wanted something so badly, and by the looks of Harry's face him either.