Part 4

You didn't know you even fell asleep, until you woke up again at about 9 that morning in your own bed, under the covers. You looked around, How the hell did I get here? You were still in your clothes from the day before so maybe you had walked back half-asleep but didn't remember it.

You quickly took a shower and changed into a new long sleeve shirt, hoodie, and leggings; same thing you wore everyday, and put some makeup that you found hidden in your room on the back of your right hand, covering it up and making it look like nothing was there.

You came downstairs and saw a note on the fridge.

Dear y/n,

All the Avengers and I had to go on a trip for the next week, stay safe, ask Jarvis if you need anything, and keep an eye on Mischief.

- Tony

You ripped it off and threw the note in the trash, not very surprised. They went on trips all the time, and since you were in the summer before school of 12th grade started, you had a free week all to yourself.

And Loki.

For the next three days you mostly watched movies, eat a ton of junk food, and read.

The morning of the fourth day, it dawned on you that Loki may not be being fed. No one else was in the tower, and you didn't think Tony would think of adding a food dispenser in the room, as no one usually stayed there more than a few days.

You decided to make pancakes, because you had a huge sweet tooth. You made about a dozen and a half. And divided them up in two containers, pouring syrup on them both. You found it hard to believe someone wouldn't like syrup. If they didn't, there was something seriously wrong with them.

You took two more books, and two water bottles, and went up to Loki's room.

Before going in you had to steady yourself. Act normal, you told yourself.

You pushed your hand to the lock and walked into the room, then set the items on the table. There were no empty plates of food, so your suspicions were confirmed when you thought he wasn't being fed, and felt bad for him. You didn't see Loki in the room but the room to the bedroom was closed, so you knocked.

"Loki? I brought food," even if he didn't want to see you, you assumed food would entice him to come out.

You heard a swish of what sounded like magic and a few moments later the door was pushed open by Cat-Loki who ignored you for the moment, following the smell to the couch by the table.

You sat down on the other side of the couch, and opened the lid to his pile of pancakes. You briefly wondered how a cat would eat this, but was answered as Cat-Loki's head dived into the Tupperware, coming up a moment later and licking his syrupy filled face, earning a giggle out of you.

You sat in silence for the next few minutes as you both ate, mostly because you hadn't put on cat ears, so he knew you wouldn't be able to understand him anyway.

When you finished you pulled your legs up and wrapped your arms around them, setting your chin on your knees.

When you looked back up at Cat-Loki, his face was all clean and he was looking at you, obviously waiting to be able to communicate.

You looked down, not wanting to be able to talk. Cat-Loki gave a soft mew, and you looked back up at him.

"It's not because of you," you said, understanding what he was asking, "I...I shouldn't have said what I did."

He mewed again.

You sighed, "I obviously don't know what you're saying."

Loki gave an impatient meow.

You rubbed your temple with two fingers, and sighed, giving in, and put up your cat ears.

You took a deep breath and prepared yourself for whatever he would say.

"If you would rather I forget you said that I will," Cat-Loki said, which surprised you, "but I do know a bit about guilt, and I could possibly help you."

You pulled down your right sleeve more, covering the second tattoo. It had become a bit of a nervous habit.

"I...I don't want to talk about it," you said softly, "at least not now. But thank you."

Loki nodded.

"Oh um by the way, I don't know if you finished your books but I brought two more," you gestured to the two books on the table.

He followed your hand and nodded, "Thank you," he said grudgingly. You could tell he wasn't used to saying that, as if he hardly ever had reason to, and that hurt you

You stood up a moment later and said, "Um, I have to do something. I'll see you later."

For a moment you thought you saw hurt, or nervousness...of what? But it disappeared too fast for you to tell. Loki nodded with his cold gaze and you left, heading down to the lab.

"Jarvis?"

"Yes?"

"I need your help with something."

"That's what I'm here for."

"Alright so here's what I need to do..."

15 hours and a hell of a lot of coffee later:

"Test results are a success," the AI announced:

"Oh thank fucking god," you muttered, falling down into your seat.

"I suggest you go to sleep and I will finish the rest of the project," Jarvis said.

"Alright, thanks Jarvis," you mumbled, then fell asleep.

You woke up the next morning and stretched, "Ah damnit, not the best position to fall asleep in, my back kills."

"Good morning Miss y/n," Jarvis said.

"Hey," you yawned, "Did it work?"

"Yes. I sent food to Loki's room for dinner and it went through."

"Haha! I can't believe we did it," you said, shocked, "Oh god Tony is gonna be so mad that I touched all his stuff."

You stood up and had your own breakfast, before grabbing your book you were in middle of reading, and headed up to Loki's room.

You pressed your hand on the lock and entered, seeing Cat-Loki reading a book. You tried to hold in your laugh. Watching a cat read was hilarious.

"Hi I'm back," you put up your cat ears and sat down on the other side of the couch.

"Did you set up the automatic food?" He asked, not looking up from his book.

You nodded, "Yea. It was about time. I'm surprised Tony didn't do this a long time ago."

He just nodded in thanks, and went back to reading.

You curled up and continued reading your own book, and you both stayed like that for the next few hours.