Part 6

You ran into the Lab, "Tony, Tony, Tony."

"What? Can't you see I'm busy cleaning up your mess?" Tony grumbled.

You giggled, "Right sorry about that, anyway, I got Loki to talk."

Tony looked up at you at that, ignoring the mess, "And??"

You thought for a moment on how to approach this, and said, "I will tell you, only if, you promise to let Loki free. Not even around the world, just around the Compound."

"What? Are you trying to negotiate with me?"

"Um. Kind of?"

"I'm not letting an evil god who almost destroyed a city run around free to do whatever he wants!"

"Fine, then bind his powers. How much trouble could he cause powerless?"

"Fine, now tell me what he said."

You stood there for a moment, shocked. Did he actually just agree to that so fast? He must have some trick that's going to make Loki's life miserable, but that's a problem for future you. "He said that he doesn't plan to do more evil nor does he have any evil plans in motion."

Tony sighed, "Alright you can let him out. Right now the only room I have available is the one across from you, I'll make a new wing."

You shrugged, "It's ok he's across from me. I don't mind."

Tony glared at you, "Don't get to close to the trickster."

"Ya ok bye thanks!" You ran out of the room, giddy with excitement and ran to Loki's room. You pressed your hand on the lock, opening the door and walked in.

Cat-Loki was on the couch asleep. You walked over to him and pet him behind his ears, getting him to purr which made you smile.

"Loki wake up," you whispered.

The cat jumped up, almost hitting you, "Huh what?"

"I did it!"

Loki yawned and turned to you, "Did what?"

"I got you your freedom!" You exclaimed, "Well kind of. You're free to roam Stark Tower but your powers will be binded. And you have your own room across from me." You smiled at him.

"You got Stark to agree to it?" Loki asked, genuinely surprised.

"Yep! Come on! I'll show you your room. I'll bring the books," you took a moment to find the books and he followed you out, up the stairs, to the room across from you.

"It's the same as everyone else, I think- I haven't actually been inside most of the Avengers rooms but I assume so. You have your own bathroom and bed, with a couch and TV," You said as you walked in and showed him the room, setting the books down on the table, "You get settled, I have to go downstairs."

"You can come downstairs later when you want, it's my turn to make lunch and I always make breakfast stuff," you smiled and left.

Loki's P.O.V.

I watched her leave and took a look at my room. The room was not as big as my room in Asgard, but it was still a nice size. I sat down on the bed and looked down.

There's no way Stark would let me go that easily. I just need to figure out his motives.

I stood up and headed into the bathroom, first switching back to my Asgardian form, and stripping down and taking a shower. I didn't actually need to shower, but sometimes it just felt nice.

I finished up and used magic to dry myself and put back on clothes, then transformed back into a cat.

I was hoping that as a cat it would be easier for everyone to get used to me, because who doesn't like cats? Then maybe it'll be less weird and tense when I change back.

I had to change back to human to open the door, but then changed back to cat, and went downstairs to lunch.

Y/n's P.O.V.

You were still by the stove, flipping pancakes when cat-Loki walked in.

"Um guys? There's a cat in the Compound," Bruce pointed out from his seat around the table, noticing the jet black cat who walked into the room.

"Oh ya. That's Loki," you said, not looking back, and continued to him while you worked on the pancakes.

Bruce jumped up and went to the other side of the room, as far away from Loki as he could, "LOKI IS JUST RUNNING AROUND FREE? ARE YOU INSANE??"

"He's not going to do anything bad, I already made sure and cleared it with Tony," you said.

At that moment Tony walked into the room, "Speaking of that, put this on his ankle," he handed you a small bracelet the size of a cat leg, "I'd put it on myself...but I'd rather not get scratched. It will bind his powers and keep him from going farther than a few yards outside the Compound."

You frowned at the item in your hand, "What about when he changes to human?"

"He shouldn't be able to with it on," he reminded you.

"But then he'll never have the chance to turn back," you complained.

"When I think he's safe I'll take it off and he can change back."

You nodded, sighing.

"By the way everyone, party tonight at 10, you will all be there. Including the cat," Tony glanced at Loki.

"Watch the pancakes," you told Tony as you walked over to Cat-Loki who sat there, watching the interaction, and leaned down, crouching in front of him, "Can I have a paw? I'm sorry but I need to put this on."

Loki seemed to hesitate, but then put his right paw on your knee. You smiled softly and put the bracelet on, snapping it into place, "I'm sorry," you whispered to only him, "I'll try to get you out of this."

Loki mewled sadly and you walked back to the pancakes, bringing the rest to the table.

Loki brushed against your leg, and you smiled at him, then took a smaller plate and put a few pancakes on it, setting it down on the floor, which he mewed his thanks and ate it.

"Why is he so nice to you?" Bruce grumbled, back at a seat around the table.

You shrugged, and glared at everyone, "I guess because I'm the only one even trying to be nice."

"Well can you blame us?" Tony protested, "He's a monster!"

Loki looked like he wanted to shrink away and cry, so you said, "He is not a monster! Sure he has done not-so-good things, but so has everyone else here! Why can't you just give him a chance?!" You huffed madly and grabbed a pancake, then marched up into your room, knowing the argument would escalate fast if you didn't escape.