Part 21

You wondered the hallways of a metal place, and zoned out of the conversation. When everyone stopped, and you almost bumped into Thor, you paid attention.

"Also, I've got a peace offering," the lady said, and opened the door. You couldn't see in the room, so you shoved past everyone and sighed at the person in front of you.

"Surprise," Loki said sarcastically. He was on a chair, his feet and arms chained. You rolled your eyes at the dramatics of it.

Thor walked in and threw a bottle at Loki's head, "Ow."

"Just had to be sure," he muttered.

Bruce walked in with a nervous look, "Hello Bruce."

"So, last time I saw you, you were trying to kill everybody. Where are you at these days?"

Loki glared at him, "It varies from moment to moment." Bruce was effectively scared, and scuttled away.

"Stop scaring everyone, Loki," you sighed.

Loki gave you a grin, "Well hello there darling."

You saw the lady give Thor a weird look and mouth, 'darling?', but Thor just shrugged.

"Is that a Dragonfang?" Thor asked as the lady put an item wrapped in paper on a table.

"It is."

"My God!" Thor took it out of its sheath, holding it up, and started to fan-girl. "This is the famed sword of the Valkyrie."

She ignored him and started to talk, "Sakaar and Asgard are about as far apart as any two known systems. Our best bet is a wormhole just outside of city limits. Refuel on Xander and we can be back in Asgard in 18 months."

"What?" You protested. "We don't have 18 months! Asgard could all be dead in moments."

Thor nodded at you, "Which is why we're taking the big one." He pointed outside the window at the biggest wormhole.

"The Devil's Anus?" She clarified.

"I'm sorry, what? We're going through who's anus?" You scoffed.

"For the record, I didn't know it was called that when I picked it," Thor defended with a frown.

"That looks like a collapsing neutron star inside of an Einstein-Rosen Bridge." Bruce apparently was also fan-girling.

"We need another ship," Valkyrie, you decided to call her, stated. "That would tear mine to pieces."

"She's right. We need one that can withstand the geodetic strain from the singularity," you pointed out.

"And has an offline power steering system that could also function without the on-board computer," Bruce added.

"And we need cup holders, because we're gonna die. So, drinks!" Valkyrie cheered.

"Do I know you? I feel like I know you," Bruce scrunched his eyebrows in concentration.

"I feel like I know you too! It's weird," Valkyrie grinned.

"What do you say?" Thor interrupted. "Uncharted metagalactic travel through a volatile cosmic gateway. Talk about an adventure."

Bruce and Thor fist bumped, "We need a ship."

"There are one or two ships. Absolute top of the line models-" you started to say, when Loki interrupted you.

"I don't mean to impose-" Valkyrie threw a glass at him and it shattered, making him flinch. "But uh...the Grandmaster had many great ships. I may have even stolen the access codes to his security system." Loki seemed oddly proud about that.

"And suddenly you're overcome with an urge to do the right thing," you mocked, showing how mad you still were with him. Him offering to help find a ship didn't erase everything he's done.

"Heavens, no," Loki grinned. "I've run out of favor with the Grandmaster and in exchange for codes and access to a ship, I'm asking for safe passage through the Anus." You had to bite back a laugh which ended up sounding like a snort.

"You're telling us that you can get us access into the garage without setting off any alarms?" Thor questioned.

"Yes, brother. I can."

"Okay, can I just..." Bruce whistled for everyone to huddle up. "A quick FYI..."

The four of you huddled together, "I was just talking to him just a couple minutes ago, and he was totally ready to kill any of us."

"He did try to kill me," Valkyrie added, helpfully.

"Yes me too. On many, many occasions," Thor glanced at Loki before starting his story. "There was this one time when we were children, he transformed himself into a snake, and he knows that I love snakes. So, I went to pick up the snake to admire it, and he transformed back into himself and he was like, 'Blegh! It's me!' And he stabbed me. We were eight at the time."

You all turned to look at Loki who had a smile on his face, "There are so many things wrong with that story. For one, why would you pick up a fucking snake?"

Thor shrugged, "Like I said, I was eight."

"If we're boosting a ship, we're gonna need to draw some guards away from the palace," Valkyrie got you back on track.

"Why not set the beast loose?" Loki butted in.

"Shut up," you told him.

"You guys have a beast?" Valkyrie seemed excited at the prospect of a beast, which you decided to not question.

"No there's no beast. He's just being stupid," you glared at Loki telling him to keep his mouth shut.

"We're going to start a revolution," Thor grinned.

"Revolution?"

"I'll explain later."

"Who's this guy again?" Valkyrie asked about Bruce, and you remembered she had no idea he was Hulk.

"I'll explain later," Thor repeated.
———————————————————————
A/n:
20k+ reads?!? I want to thank every single one of you who read this book/commented/voted. I've been getting notifications like crazy each day, and it warms my heart whenever I see them!
I also made it to 10 followers so thank you for those of you who followed! <3
The hope is to get this book finished soon so I can finish some of my others :)