Part 27

Five years later, you had tried to find Jake and properly apologize and break up with him, but he seemed to have ghosted you so you left him alone.

The Avengers had split up once more. Clint left to "avenge his family" who had all dusted while Tony left with Pepper to start a family. Thor was in New Asgard helping the remaining Asgardians and Bruce went to find peace with the Hulk, and you weren't sure what everyone else was doing.

You had visited Tony and Thor every few weeks for the first couple of years, then distanced yourself from everyone.

Tony tried to get you to move on from Loki, but you refused to. Tony told you that Loki would have wanted you to move on, and he was probably right but you didn't care.

You kept wearing Loki's ring, though on a chain around your neck rather than on your finger so you wouldn't accidentally loose it.

You started going to an underground boxing place and beating the shit out of everyone there about two years in to what the news was calling "The Blip"

You didn't need the money you won every round—which is why you always donated most of it to some charity each time—but it kept your skills sharp and it was a good way to get the anger out legally-ish.

You had made some bad enemies along the way which is why you could never sleep in the same place more than two or three nights,

Natasha found you once a month for all five years to beg you to come back to the compound with her, but every time you refused. What good would it do?

The next time she came to you, five years after Loki and everyone else were snapped away, she came with an offer; they could help bring everyone back—bring Loki back to you.

You agreed to give it a try, though you had no hope of it working. When you made it back to the compound, all of the Avengers—plus a few people you didn't recognize—were there working on a machine.

"A time machine," Natasha explained to you. "The plan is to go back and get all the stones so we can resnap and bring everyone back."

You let yourself have the smallest sliver of hope as you grinned. "Then what are we waiting for?"

You all spent hours on the so-called time machine. It started out as a small truck, that Ant Man aka Scott Lang was put into, but eventually turned into a huge platform.

As a test run, Clint was sent back 5 years to make sure it worked. It took only a couple seconds for him to come back—in which everyone let out a breath at—with a baseball mitt. Everyone cheered as they went to the conference room to divide up the teams.

Everyone with an interaction with an infinity stone explained what that one did. They were split into three teams, each team having their own infinity stone to get.

"Six stones, three teams, one shot. Five years ago, we lost. All of us. We lost friends. We lost family. We lost a part of ourselves. Today, we have a chance to take it all back. You know your teams. You know your missions. Get the stones. Get them back."

You were put on team "Reality Stone" with Thor and Rocket to go back to Asgard and extract the Reality stone from Jane.

You begged to go on the trip going to get the Mind and Space stone but everyone outvoted you, saying they didn't know what you would do when you saw Loki. But that was the whole reason you wanted to go with them.

You knew that if this worked you would get to see him anyway, but you still missed him desperately.

Everyone strapped up in their suits as they gathered on the time machine.

"See you in a minute," Natasha grinned before everyone clipped on their helmets and traveled back in time.

——————————————————————
A/n:
I'm so sorry how short this is omg. And there's hardly any talking because I did all of this by memory because I couldn't watch the actual movie now, and I figured ya'll deserved a chapter.
Tysm everyone for all the comments, views, and votes you've given since last chapter (or even since starting the book)
<333