Part 24

"Y/n?! Y/n?!" You were jolted back to reality as Loki shook your body.

"Loki? Loki!" You sighed in relief. The vision must have only taken moments. "I need to- to-"

"We have to leave," Loki said.

"No. We won't make it," you said.

"What?" Thor asked. "What do you speak of?"

"I saw...a vision—I guess." You turned to Loki and squeezed his hand. "Whatever comes next. Promise me one thing."

"Anything," Loki immediately said.

"Stay hidden. Become an illusion until the end."

"What? I can't. If you say it's that bad I must hel-" Loki stopped speaking as he understood what you said. "I don't make it."

You nodded, "Please promise me."

"Okay. I will," he promised, and you smiled softly. You were going to get the three of you out of this.

"And me?" Thor asked.

"Play along," you replied.

The ship shook as a rocket was blasted into the side of the ship, and the three of you nodded at one another.

   *

"Hear me and rejoice. You have had the privilege of being saved by the Great Titan," A man walked through the piles of dead Asgardians. "You may think this is suffering. No; it is salvation. Universal scales tip toward balance because of your sacrifice. Smile." The alien—you could now tell it was an alien—killed a man with his sword, not even sparing a glance at him.

"For even in death, you have become Children of Thanos." The alien circled around Loki, and you looked past him to see Thanos.

"I know what it's like to lose. To feel so desperately that you're right—yet to fail, nonetheless." Thanos said.

You lay on the ground, blood seeping from your mouth from when one of the aliens punched you. You had agreed with Loki to fake dead. If Thanos saw you he might kill you too, or worse. It was hard to watch the Asgardians die, and be able to do nothing, but it would be worse if you died as well and couldn't save the remaining bunch.

Thanos picked up Thor from the ground, and held up his gauntlet, which had a purple stone. He looked to Loki, holding Thor by his head. "The tesseract. Or your brother's head. I assume you have a preference."

"Oh I do. Kill away." Thanos actually looked surprised at that, but he held the gauntlet to Thor's head, and started to slowly, painfully kill him.

Thor's face started to crack and he screamed out in pain; Loki looked like he was actually crying, when he cried out. "All right, Stop!"

Thanos took his hand off, and Thor started bleeding from his mouth. "We don't have the tesseract. It was destroyed on Asgard."

Loki looked down shamefully, then back at Thanos, and held up his hand, summoning the tesseract into it.

Thanos smiled, and Thor groaned. "You really are the worst, brother."

Loki walked slowly forward. "I assure you, brother, the sun will shine on us again."

Thanos chuckled evilly. "Your optimism is misplaced, Asgardian."

Loki pulled his hand back, announcing with a smirk. "Well, for one thing, I'm not Asgardian. And for another, we have a Hulk."

Loki dropped the tesseract as Hulk rammed into Thanos, knocking him down, as Loki jumped at Thor to pull him back.

At first, Hulk was winning, but then Thanos seemed to clearly overpower him, and he knocked Hulk to the ground.

Thor tried to hit Thanos, but it did nothing, so Thanos knocked Thor away, and the alien from before wrapped pieces of metal around Thor with his power, keeping Thor in place.

"Allfathers," Heimdall started chanting. "Let the dark magic flow through me one last time." Heimdall used his power to send Hulk away back to Earth.

"That was a mistake," Thanos said as he approached Heimdall.

Thanos stabbed Heimdall, with his staff, and killed him, making Thor cry out. "You're going to die for that!"

"My humble personage bows before your grandeur. No other being has ever had the night to wield not one, but two Infinity Stones." Thanos took the Tessaract from one of his minions and crushed it, taking the stone that was left and attaching it to his gauntlet.

"There are two more stones on Earth," Thanos said. "Find them, my children, and bring them to me on Titan."

"If I might interject," Loki's voice was heard as he stood up from the rubble. "If you're going to Earth, you might want a guide. I do have a bit of experience in that arena."

"If you consider failure experience," Thanos mocked.

"I consider experience experience," Loki spat. "Almighty Thanos. I, Loki, prince of Asgard, Odinson, the rightful king of Jotunheim, god of mischief, do hereby pledge to you my undying fidelity."

Loki bowed his head, then shot a dagger, that  he had summoned, at Thanos, who stopped it with his magic and chuckled. "Undying? You should choose your words more carefully."

Loki struggled as Thanos knocked his dagger away, then lifted him up by his neck, choking him.

"You...will never be...a god," Loki uttered before Thanos snapped his neck and threw him to the ground.

You knew it was an illusion, he had a green film around him that only you—and possibly Thor—had been able to look close enough to see, but Loki made it look so real, you had to keep telling yourself it was fake.

"No resurrections this time," Thanos said, and then he and his 'children' teleported away, leaving Thor to crawl over to Loki and 'mourn' his brother.

You struggled to get back to your feet and limped over to Thor and Loki.

"He's not really dead, is he?" Thor asked as he checked Loki over. "It looks so real."

You opened your mouth to respond, maybe comfort him with all that was lost, when the body disappeared and the real Loki appeared in it's place.

You rushed to your feet to tackle him with a hug, which he gratefully returned. "You made it look so lifelike, I was concerned it was actually you."

"I'm alright. We'll make it," Loki kissed the top of your head and let you go.

"How do we make it back?" Thor asked, limping to his feet.

His question was answered as a ship flew over your heads, "Hey there! Need some help?"

————————————————————————

I'm gonna skip the Gaurdian's and getting Thor's new hammer.

We'll go straight into the real Infinity War :)

Anyway, I know this was kinda a repeat of the last chapter but the next will be real chapters xd