Part 17

You didn't want to intrude on what seemed to be a personal moment but you didn't have anywhere to go, so you followed Thor and Loki to their dad, standing a little way off.

"Father?" Thor asked.

"Look at this place. It's beautiful."

"Father it's us," Thor continued.

As Loki walked over to stand next to Odin, he said, "My sons. I've been waiting for you." Loki looked at him in genuine shock that he called him his son.

"I know, we've come to take you home."

"Home. Yes," Odin paused before continuing. "Your mother, she calls me. Do you hear it?"

Thor turned to Loki, "Loki, lift your magic"

Loki shook his head, as if saying 'It's not me' and Odin chuckled, "Took me quite a while to break free from your spell. Frigga would have been proud."

Loki looked as if he couldn't believe what he was hearing, "Come sit with me. I don't have much time." Odin sat down and his two sons followed while you stood awkwardly by the side.

"I know we failed you. But we can make this right," Thor pleaded.

"I failed you. It is upon us. Ragnarok."

Thor shook his head in confusion, "No, I've stopped Ragnarok. I put an end to Surtur."

"No. It has already begun. She's coming. My life was all that held her back. But my time has come," Thor and Loki each glanced at each other, "I cannot keep her away any longer."

"Father who are you talking about?"

"Goddess of Death. Hela. My firstborn. Your sister."

"Your what?" Thor gave Loki a 'What the fuck?' look.

"Her violent appetites grew beyond my control. I couldn't stop her, so I imprisoned her. Locked her away," you had to hold back a snort. Great parenting skills. "She draws her strength from Asgard and once she gets there, her powers will be limitless."

"Whatever she is. We can face her together. We can stop her together," Thor said.

"No we won't. I'm on a different path now. This you must face alone," Odin said in a somber tone.

"I love you, my sons," Loki looked like he might cry at that. Odin pointed into the distance, "Look at that. Remember this place. Home."

Odin then turned to you, "My sons. Please leave us for a moment." Thor and Loki looked confused, but did as he said and walked away to leave you some privacy. You sat down next to him when Odin gestured to.

"Y/n I must say, I debated whether or not to share this with you," Odin started. "I know you love my son. And he you."

"I don't know about that," you muttered.

Odin chuckled, "He does. I can tell."

He then looked to the distance, "I have seen a death."

Your eyes widened, "Me? Am I going to die?"

Odin shook his head, and you frowned, "Loki."

"Yes," he turned to look at you, "It is not his rightful time to die though. You must prevent this from happening."

You gulped, "How will I know when?"

"Trust me. You will know." You nodded, not wanting to oppose him.

Thor and Loki made their way back as Odin gestured for them too, and you all sat next to him as Odin slowly faded away, turning into dust and floating away.

You all stood up as you watched him fade away. When you couldn't see him anymore, Thor looked down angrily as storms started to form. Loki looked to Thor, nervously, "Brother."

You looked down at Thor's hand and saw it was crackling with lightning, "Thor..." you warned.

"This was your doing," Thor glared at Loki.

Before either of them could say more, they turned around as they saw a portal open. Thor still looked incredibly mad at Loki, but they both stepped forward and Loki changed his outfit with magic while Thor banged his umbrella on the ground, setting off lightning everywhere, and changed into his normal armor and his umbrella turned back into his hammer. You also changed your outfit with magic to your old suit. It was a little tight, but it worked.

The portal opened and a lady dressed in black, with messy black hair stepped out. She looked very angry.

You raised an eyebrow and looked at her, then back at Thor and Loki, "We sure Loki is the adopted one?" Loki grinned at your joke while Thor and Hela ignored you.

"So he's gone," she said. "That's a shame. I would have liked to have seen that."

"You must be Hela," Thor stated. "I'm Thor, son of Odin."

"Really? You don't look like him," Hela remarked.

"Perhaps we can come to an arrangement," Loki said.

"You sound like him," Loki looked increadibly offended.

She turned to you, "And who are you?"

Loki took a defensive step in front of you, "Not important." Even though it sounded rude, you knew Loki was just trying to protect you.

"Hm. Lovers," Hela commented. "Kneel."

"Beg your pardon?" Loki asked.

"Mm yeah Hela that line has already been taken by Loki," you said. "Find something original."

Hela rolled her eyes at you and you smiled, glad to get a reaction out of her. Hela flicked out her arm, and a long sword appeared. "Kneel before your queen."

"I don't think so," Thor said, taking a step forward. He threw his hammer at Hela, who stopped it with an outstretched hand.

Thor stood out his hand to call it back, but it didn't come, "It's not possible."

"Darling, you have no idea what's possible," Hela squeezed her hand shut and the hammer shattered.

Your eyes widened, "We're in trouble."

Hela made a weird looking crown appear on her head, as she summoned another sword and started to you three.

Loki pulled you to him and screamed to the sky, "Bring us back!"

"No!" Thor tried to run for Hela to no avail when the Bifrost got him.

You all shot up the Bifrost, but looked down to see Hela had made it in too.

"Loki!" Thor said, and Loki looked down to spot Hela, and summoned a dagger and threw it at her, which she caught and threw back at him, making him fall out of the Bifrost, bringing you with him.

————————————————————————

I can't say how thankful I am to all of you that we reached 1k reads <3
(December 22 2021)