Part 23

Hela approached dramatically, "We just need to hold her off until everyone's on board."

"It won't end there," Thor told you. "The longer Hela's on Asgard the more powerful she grows. She'll hunt us down. We need to stop her here and now."

"So what do we do?" You asked.

"I'm not doing 'Get Help'." Loki said, and you snorted.

Thor stepped forward to Hela, then looked back at the remaining Asgardians heading onto the ship. "Asgard's not a place, it's a people." Thor turned around to Loki, realizing something. "Loki, this was never about stopping Ragnarok. This was about causing Ragnarok. Surtur's crown, the vault!"

Loki grinned. "Bold move, brother. Even for me."

Loki ran back to get the crown, and you followed after him. "Loki wait!"

He stopped and looked back at you with a questioning glare. You ran to catch up with him and took his hand in yours.

You leaned up to kiss him, and when you pulled back said, "Be careful."

He smirked. "Aren't I always, darling?"

You sighed, and he gave you a real smile before running off, and you watched him leave before heading back to Thor and Valkyrie.

You, Thor, and Valkyrie held off Hela, but at one point when she had you all pinned down, she grew something out of the sea, grabbing onto the ship.

You were trying to stop it, when someone, you couldn't tell who, shot it down, coming down with the undead army and dying.

"Hela, enough!" Thor called. He stood up, struggling for breath. "You want Asgard? It's yours!"

"Whatever game you're playing—it won't work. You can't defeat me." Hela sneered.

Thor pointed to the castle, where Surtur was growing and said. "No, I know. But he can."

The castle exploded, and while Hela was distracted, Valkyrie plunged her sword through Hela. Behind you, Surtur was destroying Asgard.

Just as you were about to leave, Hulk jumped onto Surter, punching him. "Hulk! Stop you moron!"

Hulk didn't listen, and continued to hit Surtur, who got annoyed and grabbed Hulk, throwing him to the ground.

"Hulk, Stop!" You screamed. "Just for once in your life, don't smash!"

Hulk looked from you to Surtur. "But- Big monster!"

"Let's go!"

Hulk frowned, growling, before relenting, and picked up Thor, Valkyrie, and you, jumping you all up into the ship with the Asgardians.

Everyone watched in a somber mood as Surtur destroyed Asgard, plunging his sword through it.

"The damage is not too bad," Korg said from beside you, also watching the scene. "As long as the foundations are still strong we can rebuild this place. It will become a haven for all people and aliens of the universe."

A moment later, Asgard exploded completely, shattering into pieces. "Now those foundations are gone. Sorry."

"What have I done?" Thor muttered.

"You saved us from extinction," Heimdall said. "Asgard is not a place—it's a people."

    *

After helping everyone on the ship get situated, you started looking in all the empty rooms for Loki. You hadn't seen him since he left, and you were starting to get worried. What if he didn't make it off Asgard in time?