Part 11

TW: Child abandonment, abuse, self harm, murder.
This is y/n's past and if you feel uncomfortable with any of these topics you can skip this chapter.

"We can't take care of her," a woman said beside child y/n.

"We will take care of your child," the woman she was talking to said.

The man next to the woman, behind y/n, leaned down and took her hand in his, "We love you y/n. We will find a way to get you back, and give you the life you deserve. But for now you have to stay here, and maybe find someone else better for you."

"But I don't want someone else!" Y/n whined, "I want you!"

The man started crying, and hugged her, "I love you so much, sweetheart."

The woman next to him leaned down and hugged her too. When they both let go, the other woman took y/n's hand and led her away to a building, while she screamed, saying she wanted her parents.

Y/n looked to be a handful of years older than the other memory, and was in a big room, with lots of other girls and boys, all of them standing before a man, "You have an extraordinary opportunity. A way to defend yourself, be powerful!" The man was saying, "All you have to do is help me and listen to what I say."

The man didn't speak for a moment, and eyed them all, "So who wants to come with me?"

10 kids out of the 30, including y/n stepped forwards. The man laughed, "Well I can't take you all," then mumbled to himself, "Or maybe I can...and use some test subjects."

He picked out five of the kids, including y/n, then gave a small head nod to a lady standing to the side, "Thank you for your cooperation...you will be payed graciously."

The woman hesitantly nodded back.

Y/n watched kid after kid go through tests, and almost immediately die, not able to handle the power.

"Your turn subject 5." The same man from the building said.

Y/n gulped, clearly nervous, but nodded and followed him into the test room. A few men strapped her down into a bed, and they started injecting her with serum after serum, her screams echoing the room.

After a few minutes the men stopped, and unstrapped her, leading her to an inclosed cage, where they continued to teach her to use her powers for the next few years.

Y/n was out in a field, clearly on a mission, and she looked around nervously, "Maybe today is the day I finally escape..." she said to herself.

She turned herself invisible, and started walking through the forest, out back into the city. She continued walking before making it back to the building in the other memories, likely the orphanage, and knocked on the door, proceeding to fall unconscious on the doorstep, where a few minutes later someone found her and brought her inside.

There was a couple on one side of the table, and y/n on the other, a few years older once more.

"We're here to take you home y/n," the woman said kindly.

"Home?" Y/n asked, as if it was a foreign word.

"Yes, you can become part of our family," the man smiled.