Part 31

"Loki?" That was all it took and in an instant you were in his arms, burying your face in his chest as he held you.

He pulled back and held your face in his hands as he looked you over. "You're okay?" He let out a breath as you nodded.

You put your hand on his face as if reassuring yourself this was real. He put his hand on yours and then frowning, pulling away your hand and looking at it. He pulled slightly away and brushed your naked ring finger—the ring that he gave you now around your neck.

"Did you meet-" Loki started to ask a question but you had to cut him off.

"Not right now," you said, though you did wonder what he was about to say. "I need you to get me the gauntlet."

"Don't tell me you're thinking of snapping," Loki said, setting his hands on the side of your face once more.

You pulled away, searching the battle for the gauntlet. "If not me, than it will be someone who can't handle it, like Tony."

"And what if you can't handle it?" Loki huffed.

"Well then," you paused, turning around to smile at him for, what you hoped, wasn't the last time. "I'll die knowing I saved the universe."

"Y/n, don't-" You didn't wait to hear the rest of his sentence, having finally found the gauntlet. You kissed his cheek and jumped past him, using your magic to propel you forwards.

You could see Carol with the gauntlet, Thanos eying her down. You didn't look back as you raised yourself into the air, flying into Carol and grabbing the gauntlet from her hands.

"What are you doing?" Carol yelled, likely wondering if you had switched sides.

You ignored her and lowered yourself to the ground, holding the now invisible gauntlet in your hand. "Sorry, can't control my magic," you lied.

Carol opened her mouth to tell back, but stopped as she noticed a gauntlet—an illusion—in her hands. Just like you hoped, she continued to fly away, leaving you with the real gauntlet.

You looked the gauntlet over, trying not to think about what you were doing. You were saving everyone—one life was not worth more than that.

You looked up to see Thanos fighting with Carol for the gauntlet, none of them realizing it was a fake. You took a deep breath, readying yourself as Thanos got ahold of the fake gauntlet.

He raised his hand up in triumph. "I am...inevitable." He snapped and everyone cried out. A moment later, everyone having realized it didn't work, looked around for the source of the failure.

You let the stones break away from the gauntlet and swirl around your hand. One by one they attached to your gloves and you were raised into the air as they mixed with your magic and caused the energy to physically form and you to levitate.

Each stone caused you more and more pain as your body tried to reject the power but you didn't let it. You could barely think through the pain and so you didn't notice a figure slowly creeping towards you.

You didn't have time to scream as Loki jumped into the air and latched onto your hand. You only noticed the moment the pain hit him because it drained from you. He was sharing the power—and the pain.

"Don't-" you tried to pull your hand away, but his grip was too strong.

"Together," Loki promised with a smile and you couldn't stop the tears coming down your face. "We'll do it together."

You smiled back. Even though you hated the idea of letting him give up his life as well, you couldn't deny that you were grateful to have him there. "Together."

You couldn't pick out the faces on the ground, but you noticed a few people holding down Thanos and the rest watching you and Loki.

You held in a scream as the last stone attached and your body was coursing with the magic of all the infinity stones. Loki gave your hand a squeeze, reassuring you he was there.

You held your hand up into the air, making sure to glare at the blurry figure you assumed was Thanos as you snapped.

The infinity stones power coursed back and forth through yours and Loki's connected hands as your command to them was answered and Thanos' army started to disappear.

The last thing you heard was Tony screaming your name and you blacked out and fell down from the sky.