Part 5

A few hours later, Jarvis announced, "Mr. Stark and the Avengers are home."

You almost fell off the couch, jumping up, "Oh shit," you vanished your cat ears and grabbed your book, leaving the room, "Bye Loki! Sorry," you yelled as you ran out.

You made it to your room as quickly as you could, jumping onto your bed in a laying position, moments before Tony entered.

"Oh there you are," he walked over to your bed, "I texted you that we were back and you didn't respond. I was worried."

You picked up your phone from your nightstand, seeing that you had multiple messages and calls from Tony, "Sorry, it was on mute and I was reading," you sat up in a more comfortable position, "Why are you home so early?"

"Well, to put it simply, I overestimated how long it would take to defeat the bad guy."

"Who was it?"

"Someone from Wakanda who stole a hell of a lot of vibranium. The king wanted our help to track him, as he left Wakanda and hid in America."

"What happened to the guy?"

"Well, he committed suicide when he realized he lost. Seems he would rather die than be in jail in Wakanda."

You nodded.

"Anyway, I hope Reindeer Games didn't cause a lot of mischief," Tony said.

"Loki? No he was fine," then you paused, wondering how to tell him what you did.

"What are you leaving out?"

"Well...I kinda sorta maybe touched all your stuff and, with the help of Jarvis, made an automatic food dispenser for Loki's room once I found out he wasn't being fed," you gave him a glare at that last point.

"You touched my stuff?!"

"That's what you choose to focus on?" You muttered, as he left your room, likely going to the lab and see how much of a mess you made.

You laughed and went back to reading, only to have Clint knock on your door.

"Come in!" You yelled through the door.

He opened the door but stayed outside, speaking from there, "Just want to let you know it's lunch time and Cap is cooking."

"Cap is making lunch?"

"Yea."

You put down your book and followed him back downstairs. Everyone knew that whenever it was Cap's turn to make a meal, you came to eat it. He was for sure one of the best cooks you had ever met.

You saw the Avengers minus Thor and Tony, who was likely still in the Lab fixing it, around the table eating already. You took a plate and went to a big bowl at the end of the table and looked in to see what it was. It was Fettuccine Alfredo. You smiled and gave yourself a big helping. You loved it so much, especially when Cap made it, he made it the best.

You took your plate and a fork and sat down next to Nat and Cap, eating your food with the rest of them.

"So how was Loki?" Nat asked.

You shrugged, "He hardly talked to me whenever I tried seeing him. So maybe if I wait a little and come back, he'll start talking."

"I've never seen you not able to crack someone," Nat commented.

"He's...tough. I don't know what it is, but I'll get through it," you promised, and that ended the Loki discussion. Everyone else went back to talking about other random things, like the mission, but you zoned them out. It usually wasn't very important.