Part 12

Y/n's P.O.V.

You looked down, tears slowly falling down your face. What would he think about all your bad memories?

He said something you didn't expect, "Why..why would you hurt yourself?"

You looked up at him sadly, "I...I was in a bad mental state.."

You gave a harsh laugh, "I didn't know what else to do. It gave me relief...especially when he raped me"

Loki's blue face hardened with anger, "That would never happen in Asgard," Loki took your hand in his, "I would never do that to you."

You smiled softly, "I know that. I trust you."

You pulled him into a hug, after a moment of hesitation he wrapped his arms around your waist. Even though he was ice cold, you didn't let go, burying your face in his chest.

One of his hands started playing with your hair and he sighed, "I...I'm sorry..."

You looked up at him, keeping your arms around his waist, "For what?"

"For not believing you."

You shrugged, "It's alright."

Loki pulled you off him, and put a hand on your cheek. He started to lean down, coming closer to your face, and started asking, "Can i-" before there was a loud knock on the door, making you squeak and Loki turn back into cat form.

"Y/n it's time for dinner!" You heard Wanda call from the other side of the door.

"Coming!" You yelled back.

You heard her foot steps fade away and led out a breath, pinching the bridge of your nose. You looked down to Cat-Loki, wondering what he was about to say. Was he about to kiss me? You blushed at the thought, but pushed it away. No he was your friend. Besides, he was Loki, why would he fall in love with a mortal like you? You frowned a bit at that but also pushed the thought away.

You opened the door and stepped to the side so Loki could come, "Come on, let's go," when he didn't move, you laughed and said, "don't worry I'll make sure they play nice."

Loki huffed but came and followed you down the stairs. You knew immediately who was cooking by the burning smell. Thor. He tried so hard but always managed to burn anything he made.

You saw the Avengers eating the burnt food, faking their smiles and saying it was great, which made Thor happy. You laughed, and decided to make yourself a bowl of cereal, your mini ice cream cup that you hadn't finished from the freezer, and taking that and one of Thor's Pop Tarts, which he frowned at, and gestured for Loki to follow you to the couch.

Loki followed you and sat next to you. You gave him the Pop Tart, which made him look curiously at you, so you said, "Try it. It's amazing."

He seemed to trust you, and bit a piece, his face lighting up with joy, making you laugh. He quickly devoured the whole thing while you ate your cereal. He waiting patiently for you to finish, the Avengers chatting in the background. Then you put the bowl on the table and opened your ice cream, taking a spoonful.

You put it to your mouth and was about to eat it, when Loki gave the most pathetic mew ever. You looked at the ice cream in your hand, then back at him and asked, "You want?" And he quickly nodded.

You giggled and put the spoon to his mouth, which he took a few licks from, seeming annoyed at his small cat mouth. You pulled it away, eating the rest, making him pout.

"Ewww come on y/n," Tony grumbled, "Forget the fact that that is Loki, that's a cat! So unsanitary."

You shrugged before doing it again, smirking and making Tony sigh.

You both finished it that way, and when you finished Loki just waltzed into your lap and sat down, making you laugh, but also start petting him, which he purred at.

You continued to pet him while the you listened to the Avengers behind you.

"So we know where Ultron is," Tony said, "But we need a real plan to take him down."

"Why don't we-" before Wanda could finish her sentence, Friday announced, "Alert: Ultron attack in Sokovia."

"Damnit," Nat said, and stood up, "guys go suit up!"

"That's my line," Tony pouted but followed her with the rest of the Avengers.

Pietro zipped over to you and smiled, saying, "Stay safe Princessa," making you smile back, and Loki huff and squirm in your lap, as he zipped off with the rest of the Avengers.

Your ears were on and invisible, so you asked him, "Why do you always act weird around Pietro?"

"I don't," he grumbled.

A thought occurred to you... "I don't see why you don't like him, he's really nice," Loki squirmed again and you smirked, You're jealous, you projected to him.

Loki puffed from his spot on your lap, I am not! I don't get jealous.

You laughed, Yea sure. You could have told him Pietro had nothing on him, and even with Pietro's natural tendency to flirt, he was just your friend, but sometimes you liked playing with Loki. Maybe jealousy would push him to finially act.

~ A few hours later ~

"Welcome home sir, Avengers," Friday announced.

You looked up from the book you were reading, using Cat-Loki as a pillow, to see the Avengers walk in looking sad and defeated.

You put your book down, and stood up, making Loki fall down with an 'Oomph' and walked over to them, "What happened?"

You looked at Wanda but she looked away, so you turned to Clint who was next to her, "Clint?"

His eyes were red, making you wonder if he had been crying. "We defeated Ultron but...Pietro sacrificed himself for me."

You put a hand to your mouth, "Oh goodness...I'm so sorry."

You looked at Wanda, and she started crying, then came to you for a hug, making you wrap your arms around her and put your head on hers. You didn't bother saying it will be ok, because it might not, so you settled for saying what you wanted to be told, "I'm here for you."

Wanda looked up at you, and sniffled. You smiled softly at her, and Clint led her away to another room. You looked at Tony, and before he could even speak, you said, "It's not your fault Uncle Tony."

The rest of the Avengers dwindled out, but Tony put his hand through his hair and sighed, "But it is. Any time any of them go out there they're my responsibility! And I couldn't save him."

"They choose to be there fighting with you. You're not responsible for what any of them do," you tried to comfort him.

"He died...protecting Clint," Tony said, "He didn't even know him."

"Then he died honorably."

Tony sighed, not accepting what you're saying, "Why don't you go up to Pepper, she probably has some work for you to distract you." Actually, you sent him there because Pepper always made him feel better somehow. Maybe she could knock some sense into him.

Tony nodded and left, and you sat back down on the couch with a sigh. Loki joined you a moment later, curling up next to you.

"I can't believe he died," you mumbled, making Loki look at you, "I know there's always the risk in their job, but it never seemed real."

Loki stayed quiet, and you could tell he didn't know how to comfort you. Probably wasn't something he was used to doing. You smiled down at him, then started petting him once more.