[eighteen - tattoo]

"remind me again why you needed me to come with you? aren't a grown man?"kilani asked

kilani asked.

they both hopped out of the car,walking up to the entrance of the tattoo parlor.

"well,since we're friends now,i thought. why not open your eyes to some new and safe, environments."
he said putting emphasis on the word 'safe'

"i've. even eyeing this place for the past couple of weeks and i needed somebody to hold my hand while i sit in the chair."
he said sarcastically.

kilani rolled her eyes discreetly as he held the door open for her,allowing them both to walk in.

the parlor was this large dark building,with work all over the walls and different stations spread throughout the shop.

kilani noticed a tall man with asian features and covered in tattoos,getting up out of his seat.

"welcome to Big Gunz tattoos and piercings, my names johnny,what can i do for you?"
he asked.

"i wanna get a tattoo added to my sleeve."
he told him as he leaned on the counter.

"any idea what you want?"
johnny asked as he lead his back to his station.

keith shrugged.
"i think something to do with my mom. i already have her name but i wanna do something different."

johnny directed keith to sit in the chair as he pulled out an ipad and began tracing on it.

"alright,how do you feel about roses? uh.."
johnny asked as he looked up at keith for a name.

"keith. they're kinda corny but if it looks good,fuck it."
he told him.

johnny sighed.
"okay."
he said as he began tracing out a sketch.

johnny looked away from his ipad to steal a glance at the girl standing awkwardly next to keith.

"does your...lady want a seat?"
he asked,looking back down at the sketch.

"she's not my lady. just my lady,friend? i guess you could say."
he said looking back at kilani.

"well,lady friend,would you like a seat? we might be here for a while. don't want you to be uncomfortable."
he stated.

kilani stayed quite before trying to find the right words to say.
"sure."

she felt somewhat intimidated by the mama tall and large frame,that she didn't even know what to say.

johnny got up from his seat,pulling a chair heresy before sitting back down,as she did the same.