[twenty seven - friends,family,football]

"welcome to the official University of Houston homecoming 2021 game!"the announcer said through the mic making the crowd roar

the announcer said through the mic making the crowd roar.

if was officially homecoming game night and the stands were filled to the brim,as per usual.

keith, bakari and calvin were geared up,waiting for the announcer to call their name to run out.

"did you invite desi?"
kari asked, as he fixed his gloves on his hands.

"yup,she's right in the front too."
Calvin smiled as he peaked out the side of the stands,seeing Desiree sitting in her seat.

"what about you?"
kari asked,making keith turn around.

"what about me?"
he asked,waiting for their cue to run out.

"did you invite your crush? you know,the one you still haven't told her about-"

"it's not a crush. i just find beautiful-"

"attractive, good personality, great smile, do you wanna add anything?"
he smirked.

"no!"
he stated.
"besides,there's no point in telling her. she's talking to someone and I'm not interested in a relationship anyway."

"so what? she could be different,she could be the one."
he cooed.

"god,you sound like the intro to a Disney movie. i don't know if she's here."
he rolled his eyes.

"her and Desiree can sit next to each other. that is, if she shows up."
calvin suggested.

"if she doesn't,it's no big deal. we're both busy so it doesn't matter."
he muttered.

"are you mad keith?"
kari teased.

keith turned around,putting a finger up to his mouth making a 'shh' sound.
"no talking,we're up next."

they both rolled their eyes as the announcer called their names.

"please make some noise for our University of Houston cougars!"

keith turned around as he lead his team out onto the field,listening to the crowd scream their names.

the crowd roared as the team huddled together on the side of the field,listening to their coaches instructions before venturing off onto their spots.

keith broke away from the group,taking his spot on the bench as he waited for name to be called.

he observed the game as he waited for his coach to put him him,just as the announcer explained that the first quarter had begun.