Chapter 40

Chapter 40

“Toshi, what is going on?”  A stern voice asks.

Toshi walks closer to me. A man follows behind, his brow furrowed.

He has spikey dark brown hair and dark eyes. A leaf headband resides on his forehead.

“Who are you?” I hiss, scrambling backwards, seeing the strange spark in his eyes.

“Is this really Utau, the Crimson Snow Rose?” The man walks around Toshi and takes a closer look.

“I thought you would look different. Perhaps taller. I definitely was surprised when I heard you are a woman. To think my foremost rival was a girl.”

“Rival?” Toshi and Akane say in unison.

I smirk.

“You must be the famous Konohamaru. It is a pleasure to finally see the face of the only person who has ever given me trouble.” I walk up to him and shake his hand, earning gasps from everyone.

“Indeed it is, Himura Utau.”

“Tell me, what brings you to this area?” I direct my question to both Toshi and Konohamaru.

“My team was sent on a mission and joined with Konohamaru’s team on our way back.”

“And where have you been all this time? I am very surprised you didn’t come visit me during my “stay” in Konaha.” I look at Konohamaru.

“I was also on a mission that prevented me from returning. If I had been able to I would have certainly come back if even just to stare my enemy in the face.”

I smile.

“I have missed you.” I say, earning even more confused looks from my friends.

“Me too. It got boring after you got yourself captured. Took all the fun out of it.” He chuckles.

“Indeed. Forgive me for making things boring.” I say with a grin.

“Forgiven.” He grins back.

“I don’t get it…you guys are enemies and you are acting like best friends! I am confused…” Akane says, rubbing her forehead.

“That’s the thing Akane. We have been fighting each other for so long we know each other really well. It’s only natural that we would act this way.”

“I agree. Utau and I have come to know each other pretty well.” Konohamaru grins cheekily, placing his arm around my shoulder, causing my eyebrow to twitch.

“Konohamaru…” I warn.

“Ah! Sorry! Couldn’t help myself. With your pretty face and all.” He says, winking at me.

“Akane, what do you think? Should we let Toshi and Konohamaru help us?”

“And why would I help you?” Konohamaru asks rudely.

“Because 1. We have a common enemy. 2. You can fight me all you want when the Akastuki is finished.” I glare at Konohamaru, daring him to challenge me.

He bursts out laughing.

“I never did actually win against you did I?”

“Well if it makes you feel better you never actually lost either.” I grin in turn.

“Very well. I will help you on the condition that we can battle it out when this it all over.” He holds out his hand.

I take it.

“Deal.”

 ***Authors Note***

Yes I know Konohamaru is kinda a little brat in the anime but lets say he grew up a little after the war and all. Besides during the war he isn’t that bad! (I have brothers. Anybody is an angel compared to them)

So since nobody is voting I am going to try something. If it’s a horrible idea and ends up backfiring then I will stop.

So like I said since nobody is voting I am going to ask for at least 10 votes before the next chapter is posted. I should let you know I already have the next chapter waiting to be edited so better vote so I can post it!

If I get behind in my writing again I will let you all know (might happen when the next semester starts…) but I will try my hardest to have the next chapter waiting when it hits the required number of votes. I don’t want to be unfair to you guys.

I will post in 10 votes!

-G