Chapter 35

Chapter 35

Naruto’s POV.

“She what?” I yell.

Akane blinks back tears and starts her story over.

“She didn’t remember us!”

“And she called herself Illaya.” Hayate joins in.

I furrow my brow.

I highly doubt she would forget Akane. They were close as anyone could be.

“But she didn’t sound certain that it was her name.” Akane says.

“I think that she must have lost her memories.” I state, earning raised eyebrows from everyone.

“Good deduction Naruto…” Sakura says sarcastically.

I grin.

“But what are we going to do about it?” Akane asks.

I sigh and sit down in my office chair.

“Right now I think we should let the other nations take care of her. We have a few other problems on our hands that Naruto needs to take care of.” Sakura says while shooing them out the door.

Once they are gone she walks over to my desk.

“Any leads on who took the file or the necklace?” I shake my head.

“It’s strange that they just left the file on a table in plain sight.” I muse.

“Lord Hokage!” I look up from my desk as an ANBU black ops appears.

“What did you find?” I ask him.

The masked man holds up a small but familiar box.

“This was found in the woods a few hundred miles away from the village.”

I grasp the box and open it, my eyes darkening at its emptiness.

“Where is the necklace?”

“I don’t know, sir. It was empty when we found it.” I frown and give the box back.

“Find it! If that gets in the wrong hands then we are in trouble.” The black ops nods then disappears.

“Naruto, what will happen if the necklace gets in the wrong hands?” Sakura asks.

I turn to face her, my face shadowed.

“The end of the world as we know it.”

“What?” Sakura shrieks loudly.

I stand up, my face full of terror.

“Not really Sakura! I was joking! Calm down!” I yell over her frantic yelps.

She freezes then turns to me, her eyebrow twitching angrily.

“NARUTO!”

“Anything?” I prod.

“No nothing. There was not one trace of anyone.”

I sigh and turn to face the window.

“You are dismissed.”

“Thank you sir.”

I hear my office door open and footsteps fade away.

Soon after a knock sounds.

“Come in.” I turn from the window to great my visitor.

“Lord Hokage, we have found a witness.”

“What!” I shove my chair out of the way as I run to the door.

I run down the hall before turning back.

“Where is the witness?”

“This way sir.” The jonin answers, hiding a smirk.

“Right. Lead the way.”

“You certain that’s who you saw?” I ask the bartender for what seems like the millionth time.

“Yes, sir. I am sure.”

“Tell us again what happened.” The jonin says.

“Well, she came in and sat down at a table and ordered sake. After she ordered she started reading that file.  She was so absorbed in the file that she didn’t drink her sake. After a while she read something that really disturbed her. She gripped her shoulder in a strange way then flung a few coins on the table then was out of here. I only was watching her because she didn’t seem like the kind of person to have access to that file. Her clothes were not high end and she kept looking over her shoulder and she was really unsocial. That’s also why I looked at the file she left.”

“I’m glad you did. It would have been thrown away and lost forever if you hadn’t.

“Thank you again.” I say before turning thoughtfully to Sakura who had met me at the bar.

“Why would Utau steal the file on herself?” I mutter to Sakura.

“Maybe she really did lose her memories…” Sakura muses. “Do you think she was the one that stole the necklace too?”

I shrug.

“Maybe…”

I look around.

“I can’t think on an empty stomach. Let’s go to ichiraku’s.”

“Fine…” Sakura mumbles. “But you’re paying!”

***Authors Note***

There is this one author on wattpad that never updates. I mean she is really awesome and writes awesome stories but she takes forever to update!

One of her totally awesome stories is a fanfiction about this girl living in the naruto world after the fourth great ninja war and she is a wanted criminal and finds friends in Konaha and is really awesome. And she has a bunch of awesome readers that depend on her to update but she takes forever to update!

She has this other awesome story that is her pride and joy, TTHF. She has been writing that for a while but only has her friends reading it. She takes even longer to update that one!

What is wrong with this person? I mean sure she has a cute cat as her profile pic but that doesn’t give her an excuse to not update!

She loves reading her fans comments and she smiles whenever someone new adds her story and that fuels her inspiration but she still updates a week at a time if not longer!

I mean sure she has a lot of school but surely she can find the time to update her really awesome stories?

She needs to realize she needs to update more! Her fingers need to fly across the keyboard, typing up more awesome chapters for all her awesome readers!

Anyway if you see this person on wattpad comment on her totally awesome stories telling her to update. :)

I said awesome too many times.... but that's how awesome she is! :) <3

Comment, vote, give me your lunch money, eat some upside-down pineapple cake (never actually had that before.), listen to your favorite music, dance like nobody is watching, say hi to your neighbor, and have an AWESOME day!