Chapter 33

Chapter 33

I eye my prey from my perch in the tree. 

His soft curly brown hair blows gently in the wind as he slowly walks through the forest. His kind features give him a youthful appearance. A spark of childlike mischievousness resides in his brown eyes. 

'He looks easy.'

"Don't underestimate your target, Ilaya."

I nod. 

'I know that! Even though I no longer have any of my memories I still know my training. I'm not stupid Amaya.'

I shake my head and jump down from the tree, landing in front of the lone ninja. 

"Utau! What are you doing here?" the stranger yells loudly. 

"I know no one by that name.” I say harshly. 

"What? Are you ok, Utau?" he asks, shaking his head in confusion. 

“I do not know you or this Utau you speak of, stranger.  But what I do know is that you are about to die. "

"Have you lost your mind? I'm Nikkou, you don't remember me?" Nikkou says as he backs slowly away from my approaching figure. 

I hesitate. The name is unfamiliar but something seems off. 

'Could this be a former acquaintance from my forgotten past?'

"Do not be ridiculous, Ilaya! You would never befriend such a low life. Hurry up and finish him so you can complete your mission."

I nod and smirk.