Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Voices interrupt the blackness of my drugged sleep.

I groan in annoyance and smile when they stop.

“Open your eyes, Utau.” A familiar voice commands.

I reluctantly do as he says.

I open my eyes to reveal a small gathering in front of me.

Naruto, Sakura, Kastuo, Akane, Hayate, Takeo, Toshi, Akiko, Momoka, and last but not least Shinobu stands before me with sullen faces.

“Fancy meeting you here…” I mumble sarcastically.

Naruto steps forward to reveal several older Jonin standing behind him, all glaring at me.

“Wow! All for me?” I say, once again sarcastic.

“Utau, you have committed many crimes and must be punished, but what you did for Yuuto won’t be forgotten although I can’t guarantee you will get away from this with your life.” I nod.

“Your punishment will be postponed until all of the Kage’s can gather to determine your fate.” I nod again.

Naruto turns and leaves with almost everybody following.

Akane is one of them who stayed.

She walks over to me and kneels by the chair holding me captive.

“I’m still your friend you know…” She says softly.

I look up, surprised.

“Why? Why would you want to be friends with an S ranked criminal like me? I have killed countless numbers of people, including my own clan, and you still want to be friends?”

“You killed your clan?” She shrieks, earning the attention of everybody else in the room.

I wince. ‘oops…’

“Yes…”

 Akane’s face softens.

“I don’t care. I am still your friend.” She states.

I shake my head.

“Don’t be. Please. It will only hurt worse…” I plead.

She smiles softly.

“But that’s good isn’t it? You are feeling something again aren’t you?” I look up in surprise.

“What do you mean?”

“I knew from the moment I met you that you were different. You were oblivious to everyone’s feelings and were sometimes cruel. At first I thought you just had a really good poker face but I now know that you were incapable of feeling anything but anger. I hope that your time here has taught you differently.”  I smile sadly.

“If only I had met you before I became the Snow Rose…” I say, shaking my head.

“I wish you had.”

“Akane, time to go.” Shinobu says softly.

She nods.

“See you later, Utau!” She waves and follows Shinobu out the door.

I smile peacefully as she leaves.

The smile disappears as a tall shadow moves to block the light from the door.

“Hayate…”

“You lied.” He hissed through his teeth.

I nodded.

“It’s not the first time.”

He moves to slap me but stops, earning no reaction on my part.

“I should hate your guts right now.” He says harshly.

“Then why don’t you?” I question.

He sighs and runs a hand through his thick hair.

“I…I don’t know.”

“Figure it out then because by the looks of things I won’t be around much longer.” I say.

He nods.

“I realize that…” He shakes his head and walks toward the door.

He faces me before he turns the handle.

“Goodbye Utau.”

 I smile.

“Goodbye Hayate.”

***Authors Note***

Two chapters in one day! I am on a role!

Don’t expect it to last though.

I did go ahead and write a scene for later so that might help me write the next chapters. Either that or it will drain me of my inspiration…

Is anybody else enjoying the sun?! I know I am. I have sunburns to prove it. :)

In case anybody is interested I have another story I have been working on longer than this one. I came up with the idea a long time ago and it developed into a rough draft maybe last year.

Anyway it’s a fantasy story about…well here is the description although I am not sure if it’s still accurate. I might have to go and fix it. I have never been good at descriptions.

Oh and warning. My friends say its "Soo dark!" :) So if you dont want to read it then thats ok too.

Silver Kelos had always had a perfect life. Even though she was the only normal person in her family, unless you count her unusual hair color. Which was silver, hence her name. Her parents were well off. She went to a nice school. She had an awesome best friend, and a family that loved her with all their hearts. Perfect right? That’s what she thought too, that is until she had a knife at her throat. The next thing she knew she was stuck in a strange place called the sanctuary, with her best friend Sayrann. Stuck in luxury with a cute boy and no contact to the outside world. Soon she finds herself the object of betrayal and in the middle of the biggest war in centuries. Why is she so special? Can she find it in herself to forgive the boy who broke her heart? Which side will she choose? And can she live long enough to make that choice?

Anyway the story is called The Things a Heart can Feel.

Feel free to check it out! I would love to have some readers for it.

Comment and Vote!!!