Chapter 27

Chapter 27

The door creaks open loudly.

A dark figure approaches slowly.

He grabs my wrists and unlocks the handcuffs. Using his grip on my wrists he pulls me up.

He then latches on a sort of bracelet onto my wrist, still raw from the chafing of the handcuffs.

“Time to go.” He says and turns to leave.

I nod numbly and will myself to step forward. I do but then my legs fail me and I come crashing down.

I curse and struggle to rise. The guard remains silent but helps me up and lets me lean on him.

I limp obediently leaning on his shoulder all the way to the Hokage’s office.

The journey is the opposite of pleasant.

Along the way the villagers who once passed me by as a normal person living life or gave me a cheerful hello now glared at me with passionate hatred.

Now when once my face was just another one in the crowd it is known to all as the Snow Rose.

In my weakened state I don’t even bother to give my usual malicious smile in return to the burning glares.

Finally we reach the hokage’s office. I gather my strength before entering.

Inside the glares aren’t any better. If anything they are worse since the people in the building most likely know the most gruesome details of my ill deeds.

I sigh and drag my feet the last few feet to the office door.

The guard gently pushes me off his shoulder and prepares to knock on the door.

“Thank you.” He says quietly, his hand still poised to knock.

“For what?” I ask, confused.

“For saving Yuuto. Everyone loves him and they would have been devastated to lose him…especially my sister.”

“Your sister?”

At that he laughs.

“I suppose I should hate you as well but if she can’t bring herself to hate you despite what you did to her then I guess I can find it in my heart to forgive you.”

“Shinobu…” I whisper.

“Yup. My older sister, Shinobu.”

He turns and smiles.

“Thanks for saving her from a broken heart.”

I smile weakly in return and wince as his fist finally makes contact with the door.

“Come in.” Naruto’s voice sounds through the door.

I enter with my feet dragging slowly.

“Utau, sit.”

He gestures to a chair and takes his own seat. The guard bows then exits the room silently.

Once I am settled into the chair he points to the weird chunky bracelet on my arm.

“That will monitor everything from your heartbeat to your level of chakra. We will know if anything changes physically meaning we will know immediately if you use even the smallest of jutsus. If you do you will be sent back to your cell until your hearing later this month.”

I nod and glare at the bracelet.

“Another thing it does is track you. If you go beyond the village borders without permission it will give you the shock of your life while at the same time alerting the black ops.”