Chapter 34

Chapter 34

I jerk awake, once again my dreams had been preyed upon by the same nightmare that has been haunting my dreams every night since I woke up without my memories.

That fateful morning I had felt like I could start anew but now that I know my true identity it feels like I will never escape the shadow of my past.

Amaya had promised me…

I blink in the morning sunlight. I sit up in the grass and look around the meadow.

“Beautiful isn’t it?”

My head snaps to the left where a shadowed figure sits, her hair flowing in the wind.

I nod.

The woman turns to face me.

“Too bad it is only an allusion.” The moment the words leave her mouth the scene changes.

The room is dark. Too dark to see.

Suddenly fire erupts from two bowls standing on pedestals.  In the flickering light I can make out a clear shatterproof glass box with a huddled figure standing inside. On the front of the box is a lock with 3 keyholes.

I walk closer to the box. The figure shoots up and places her palms against the see-through surface.

Her skin is tinted a soft shade of violet and her eyes a shining golden. She has her white-streaked black hair wrapped up in a Chinese bun with black chopsticks with golden kanji spidering all over the smooth surface holding her hair up.

She smiles, her eyes lighting up in a cruel smirk.

“Where am I?” I whispered.

She chuckled.

“Child, you are inside your own mind.”

“What?”

The woman backs up from the wall of her cage and stares at me.

“I have been sealed inside of you. And you…well to put it simply I erased your memories and now you are searching for something of your former self inside your mind.”

“Why would you do that?”

She laughs, her laugher a harsh reality.

“You asked for it sweetheart.”

I shake my head.

“I still don’t…”

“I promise that you will be free of your past. This is all for the better, child.”