Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Hayate’s POV.

“What?” I exclaim.

“She left on her own to get Yuuto back? How can she be so stupid?” I shake my head.

The hokage holds up the note Utau had left behind.

“It says so here. Plus Akane and Shinobu heard her say it.”

I growl low and punch the desk.

“She has already been gone for over a week.” My head shoots up.

“What!”

“You were on a mission Hayate. We didn’t think you needed to know immediately. We thought it could wait until you came back. The mission was more important.” Sakura says.

“Her birthday was this week…” I whisper softly.

Naruto’s eyes widen. He lowers his gaze but remains silent.

 I shut my eyes and try not to run at the hokage and strangle him.

I don’t know why I feel such turmoil in my stomach but the thought of Utau in danger kills me inside.

I don’t know why I feel this way. The only feelings she had ever showed me were of anger. She had never been nice to me so I don’t know why the only thing I want to do is hold her tight, safe from harm.

It’s not right to fall so far so fast. And for the wrong girl too!

It scares me. I have never felt this way about a girl before so to have such strong feelings after knowing her for only a little while is strange to me. Especially since I have been considered a player in the past.

“Lord Hokage!” A voice interrupts my thoughts.

A jonin is standing with the door open, looking like he just ran the whole length of the village without stopping.

“Yes, what is it?”

“Yuuto has been taken to the hospital sir!”

“Yuuto?” Naruto stands.

“Yes, sir. He was found almost unconscious at the village gates.”

Naruto grabs his hat off of his desk.

“Well then, let’s go!” We file out of the room.

I pace impatiently outside of Yuuto’s room, waiting for him to wake up so I can find out what happened to Utau.

Naruto is discussing Yuuto’s condition with Sakura while Shinobu sobs into her hands on one of the chairs.

I stop pacing the moment the doctor comes out of his room.

“He will see you now Lord Hokage.” Naruto nods and follows the doctor back into the room. The rest of us follow behind him.

Yuuto is lying in his bed looking deathly ill and badly beaten. The constant beep of the heart monitor is the only sound in the silent room.

“She…” Yuuto starts. “She gave herself up for me.” My eyes widen in surprise as do everyone else’s.

“But how…?” Naruto trails off.

“She is… *cough* She is…” He takes a deep breath before telling us what troubles him.

“The Crimson Snow Rose. The real killer.” He finishes.

Everyone gasps.

“So wait…Your saying that Utau is the Snow Rose?” Sakura asks.

“She turned herself in… She even had the mask…It makes sense about how she knew about the accusations…” Yuuto mutters, every word painful for him.

“I don’t believe it…” Sakura places her hand on her head and starts to pace.

I just stand there, still in shock and unable to do anything.

“To think that the Snow Rose was right under our noses the whole time…” Naruto muses. “I never would have thought she was the Snow Rose.”

“She is powerful enough.” Shinobu says while holding her beloved’s hand. “I should know.”

I try to shout out that they are wrong but I am unable to move a muscle. All I can do is stare at Yuuto’s wounds with mixed feelings running through my mind.

“What are we going to do?” Sakura asks Naruto.

“I don’t know…”

***Authors Note***

Short chapter I know but I was reluctant at first to post it so I decided to procrastinate by watching anime all day long… I am still a little reluctant to make Hayate have feelings for Utau…But like I said last chapter I have a new idea which might make up for the early feelings.

I will try to post soon but right now I am actually posting during math class so we will see how soon I can get it edited…

Anyway Comment and Vote to your heart’s content!