Chapter 30

***Yay!!! I have made it to chapter 30!!!!***

Chapter 30

“The thing is I can’t tell anybody or Kiyomi, Momoka, and Michio will get in trouble for including me on that mission.”

“You’re telling me aren’t you?”

“Yeah, but Akane I trust you to not tell anybody.”

She smiles.

“I can help you. Since you can’t do anything but be lazy all day long I will be your eyes and ears.” She stretches out on my bed.

“You would do that?” I stop my pacing by the window and look at Akane.

“Sure, Naruto said I had the week off anyway. Well almost, I still have to help mom prepare for the summit but I can do both.” She stands up and walks closer.

“Thanks Akane. Tell me the moment you find anything.”

She nods.

“Of course. Now you get some sleep. No use worrying over something out of your control.” She says as she steers me toward the bed.

“Thank you again Akane.”

She smiles and waves before closing my bedroom door, leaving me in darkness.

I sit in the dark of the early morning and stare at my bedroom wall.

It has been a full week since Akane said she would help me and no one has seen her since. Her poor mother had to prepare for the summit all by herself.

I continue staring at the wall until my door is opened.