Chapter 53

Chapter 53

Utau’s POV

“What do you mean she is gone?”

“Reiko is dead.”

My eyes widen.

“But how?” I shake my head. Maybe I hit my head harder than I thought.

“She was foolish and weak.” Amaya starts walking around, waving her arms to prove her point.

“Long ago when I was taken from her and resealed inside your grandmother part of her chakra was stolen and sealed with me. Since then I have had a strong connection with your mother, one that has grown stronger over the years. I have been communicating with her and plotting since before I was sealed inside of you.”

My lips curl up in disgust.

“So you have been talking inside my mind without me knowing? Has she known what I have been doing this entire time?”

She nods, a sick grin on her face.

“Everything she did was because I told her to. What she didn’t know is that if I was resealed inside of her I could resurrect myself and once again walk this cursed earth. I was able to feed off of her power as a Himura with both Kekkei Genkai’s and now I am free. And she is gone forever.”

I shake my head once again.

“That’s impossible. Mother only had the Yoso Seigyo.”

“While half of her chakra was sealed inside of me that was true. But she was born with both. Only those with both Kekkei Genkai’s could free me.” She leans in closer and places her hand underneath my chin, tilting my head up toward her.

“I have big plans for us, Utau.” I wrench my body away from her touch.

“Just as I had big plans for your mother. You see, her “success” was all due to me. She was just a puppet. Kind of ironic isn’t it? The one who is the puppet master to the earth is actually only a puppet herself.” She continues. “Your mother failed me though.” She stops walking and turns to face me.

“But you have yet to completely disappoint me.”

She grins, her eyes twinkling.

“Together we can truly rule this godforsaken world. Your mother was naïve and easy to control but I can see that you are not. You know how damaged this world is. It needs help; guidance.”

She grips my shoulders.

“Don’t you see? We are that help. We are what this world needs. Join me and help me help the world.”

I shudder and slide away from her grasp.

“If your plans are anything like what my mother wanted then my answer is no.”