Chapter 20

Chapter 20

After I am past the gates I slip on my mask and begin to travel through the forest at full speed. I can’t resist taking one last look at the village that for the first time in all of my 17 years, really felt like home.

After a week of somewhat reluctant traveling I am entering the Hidden Cloud village. I have my mask safely tucked in between the folds of my cape so I won’t alarm any one of my presence.

 I make my way through the crowded village to the Raikage’s tower, glancing back at the suspicious villagers along the way.

I smirk to myself as the tower comes into view. The last time I was here was when I killed the second in command, Jilu.

I take a deep breath then enter the tall building.

The receptionist gives me a strange look before wondering off, most likely to alert some ninja of my presence.

I roll my eyes and continue farther into the building.

I make my way to the main office and knock softly on the door.

“Enter.” A voice that I recognize as the Raikage’s speaks up.

I open the door and step inside.

“Who are you?” The lady Raikage asks suspiciously.

“I am here to see the Leaf ninja.” I state.

“You are from the leaf village?” She asks.

“I bring a message from his fiancé.” I avoid giving a straight answer.

She nods then stands.

“Follow me then.” She gestures behind her as she leaves the room.

I follow her out of the building and into another one. She leads me down a dark passageway and finally stops at a tall metal door.