Chapter 14

Chapter 14

I groan and sit up. I glance around and realize I am back in the small room I had found myself in when I fell asleep at the training grounds.

I sit up and wince at the pain that shoots up my back.

I shake my head at my stupidity. The last time I had forgotten to put chakra in my feet had been that training session with my mother all those years ago.

It had become a second nature to me since then.

I place a hand on my back and direct chakra to my hand, causing it to glow white with light green veins running through it.

I sigh as the pain slowly eases from my back.

Once my back is healed I swing my legs over the edge of the bed and stand.  To my surprise I wobble a little before my legs give out and I come crashing to the ground. I hold my head until the dizziness fades. I shake my head in confusion before trying again.

This time I remain standing. As the events of yesterday come flooding back my dizzy spell begins to make sense.

I had run at least at half speed yesterday, something I hadn’t done in a while. My legs must still be week from the sudden and forced workout.

I shake my head once more and continue toward the now familiar door.

I open the door and peek out. Hayate is nowhere to be seen.

I walk boldly through the house to the front door but before I turn the doorknob I glance behind me in anticipation for Hayate to appear.

He doesn’t.

I shrug and walk out into the bright sunshine.

I blink for a moment to get used to the bright light then take off toward the Hokage’s office building.

I arrive on the roof.

Feeling bored I decide to make a flashy entrance.

I swing over the side and concentrate chakra into my hand.

I slam my hand into the glass window that looks into the office. The glass shatters with a loud crash.

I swing into the room and smirk when I see Sakura and Naruto down on the floor with their hands above their heads. They quickly sit up and settle into fighting stances.

They look around confused when they see no one. I jump down from my hiding place on the roof and smirk again when they jump back in surprise.

“Ahh! Utau, don’t do that!” Naruto yells at me.