Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I bow low to the head elder, hiding my irritation. Hishi had become the new head elder after Tokiwa’s death all those years ago and she is a pain to deal with.

It has been 6 years exactly. Today is the anniversary of my mother’s death and the day that Shizuka left the Himura clan.

I had just given the elders my usual monthly report. I gave my report today instead of last week because I had only just returned from an assassination mission from the main lands.

As usual I lied about my report. Lying comes easily to me now. I suppose one might call me cruel or cold hearted. I say I am only my father’s daughter.

Ever since Rieko died my father has become immensely cruel and even more bloodthirsty. Our training sessions increased in toughness. Yamiyasha took my training to a whole new level. He started attacking me when I least expected it. I became a frequent patient of the hospital. I am now strong enough to defeat my father so that is no longer the case.

To ease the long days of doing nothing in the hospital, one of the doctors decided to try and teach me medical jutsu. I can’t say that I am bad with it; I am just not interested in becoming a healer. Nonetheless I learned much from Aoi sensei.

Yamiyasha disapproves of my medical training. To keep him happy I rarely use it and don’t practice at all. Not that I would use it even if my father approved.

I slip my mask back on. I am now the captain of the ANBU black ops at the young age of 17 and have been for several years, thanks to my father’s ruthless training, so I wear my mask almost full time. The mask is nothing special I suppose. It is a deathly white with intricate black designs curling throughout the mask. It is unique and specially made for me. My father surprised me with the news of how I was to become a black op when I was 12 and a half. He gave me the mask when I turned 13. The mask is now widely known throughout the ninja world as the mask of the most wanted ninja in the bingo books.

I shrug off the thoughts of the past and continue on my way to Yamiyasha’s office.

I enter the office silently, surprising my father with my swiftness.

“You never cease to surprise me, Utau. You are growing stronger every day. Now tell me, how did your report go?”

“As planned. The elders are happy with their little toys.”

“Good.” Yamiyasha chuckled darkly. “Now tell me how your mission went.”