Chapter 42

***Authors Note***I really cannot wait 10 votes to update can I?… I waited 9 this time! Anyway, enjoy the next chapter. Hopefully you guys can get it up to 9 votes soon so I can update again!***

Chapter 42

“We have nothing… No locations on the Akastuki…no knowledge of their plan…not even a clear idea of what they want!” I groan and flop down on the wood table.

“It’s not like you to give up so easily.” Konohamaru teases, earning a cold glare from me.

“We know they want your sword and that necklace…” Shinobu muses.

“Not to mention Utau herself.” Yuuto finishes.

“That’s a start!” Akane says cheerfully, blinding everyone with her wide grin.

“If you and Toshi hadn’t gotten there when you did I might have gotten something from Mika and Tsukiko.” I contemplate. “I sent a message to a few of my acquaintances. Their replies should arrive shortly. Perhaps they have more information.”

“You have acquaintances?” Akane asks, wide eyed.

“Red…” I sigh.

“How soon is shortly? The Akastuki may have not made a time limit clear but the longer we take the more lives that might be lost.” Hayate says, placing his palms on the map of the area that is spread out on the table.

“I agree.” Toshi speaks up.

“So do I.” Akiko affirms. “While we are waiting to hear back from your acquaintances we need to have a plan. What are we going to do if they have heard nothing? We need our next step.”

“This is your plan Akiko? I love you and all but this is ridicules. Isn’t the whole point of attacking the Akastuki is so that I don’t end up in their hands?” I say as Akiko finishes tying my hands to the tree.

“Don’t worry, they will only think this is chakra restricting rope when really it’s normal rope. You will be fine!” She says cheerily.

“I think you are just enjoying tying me up…” I mutter.

“What’s that?” She pretends she didn’t hear me.

“Nothing!”

“Good.” She says as she ties a scrap of cloth across my mouth.

Hayate looks on with an amused expression, knowing all too well how much Akiko is relishing tying me up.

“And what happens when I am captured?” I ask, surprising Akiko considering she had just covered my mouth.

“We won’t let that happen. I won’t let that happen.” Hayate says, his eyes narrowed in determination.

I smile.

“Good.”

“Happy Birthday Love.” Grandmother squeezes me in a tight hug.

“Thanks Obaa-chan!” I sing, dancing around with my new handmade headband.

“Goodness mother. She is only 3 and already you give her a headband.” Father says with a laugh.

Grandma chuckles.

“Knowing you, you will have her leading platoons by the time she is 10.”

This fuels father’s laughter.

“Probably. She is a prodigy.”

“Now why don’t you go do your chief stuff and let your poor mother-in-law take your lovely daughter for the rest of the afternoon?”