{Chapter 1}

The full moon is a sign to all lycan packs that a change would occur. With each full moon comes a drastic change among the packs. These changes can either be good or bad. When a full moon occurs, a barren she-wolf may conceive, or perhaps a luna may lose her precious alpha mate. It depends on the mood of the fated council, a council who decides on what happens to all non-human beings. However, with this new moon, a change unlike any other took place.

It began in the year of 1998, a year when allied packs were breaking apart. In the pack known as Firewrath, the beta and his mate had been suffering the loss of their stillborn baby boy for four years now. However, a miracle had occurred nine months previous. The beta female had conceived, despite the pack doctor informing the pair that it would be very unlikely that they would ever have another baby again. With such excitement flowing through the pack due to the Beta's happy news, none ever imagined that the baby would have defaults.

During her pregnancy, the beta female noticed odd occurrences with the unborn babe, strange happenings that her previous pregnancy never encountered. But with her last pregnancy a heartbreaking fail, she merely thought that these occurrences were that of a healthy lycan pup. However, she was oh so very wrong in her judgments. Every time her baby giggled from within her, every time her pup moved and kicked at such odd timings, it meant something. Unknowingly for the mother, her pup was much different from others.

The baby was born on a cool, October night, when the leaves were starting to change into their beautiful fall colors. The beta female knew from the pain that her baby was not normal by any means. The pain was too great for even a labor, so painful that the mother even died for a split second during birth. It took almost a full day for the babe to be born, and when the proud parents saw the baby for the first time, they became utterly shocked. The baby looked nothing like her parents, who were both dark eyed, dark haired, and tan in skin tone.

This baby girl had pale, ghostly white skin and fire red hair. Her eyes were what shocked the parents the most. They were a light, shiny green, much like an emerald. However, her eyes had an unusual factor to them. They glowed, lighting up the somewhat dark room with a green light.

The mother, her eyes wide with utter shock towards her newborn girl, glanced up at her loving mate. "Robert, have you ever heard of such?"

"No, I haven't my love. I'm not sure what to make of it. Perhaps we should ask Dr. Hillinsvood when he returns with our daughter's birth certificate," he suggested to his weakened mate.

She nodded, smiling down at her precious daughter. "Yes, I suppose that you are right."

Robert chuckled and nuzzled into his beloved mate's neck, taking in her scent that was only addicting to him. "No matter what, she is still our little miracle child. Whatever is the cause for her strange eyes, it may aid her destiny."

"Of course. Now, what should we name her?" the new mother asked.

"I was thinking of naming her after you, Maggie," he suggested to his mate, but she shook her head in disagreement.

"I want our daughter to have her own name, to live up to her own future. How about...Miracle? Or better yet, Destiny!" Maggie giggled out.

Robert smiled at both his mate and his baby. "Yes, I love the name Destiny. Destiny Emerald Eclipse."

"Emerald...after her eyes?" she asked.

Her mate nodded. "Yes, after her eyes."

Robert climbed into the bed with Maggie and held both Destiny and his mate close to him. They remained in this position until the pack doctor came back with the birth certificate.