{Chapter 16}

-Destiny-

When the bright white light vanished from around me, I found myself standing upon the red soil that I had been before. Only this time, it was no dream. It was reality this time, but what was I doing here? I was certain that I hadn't been introduced to all of my powers quite yet. Had something gone wrong?

"Hello!" I called out, but no one answered.

That was rather strange. Where was the Fated Council? I did not see Dux, Fortis, or Pax anywhere, and it was beginning to make me nervous. I had this strange feeling from the pit of my stomach that something had gone terribly wrong.

"Dux?! Pax?! Anyone?!" I tried again, but to no avail.

I began to walk around the meadow, hoping that I would find a trace as to where they had gone. However, I came up with nothing but the inferred, negative feeling that I felt. A bridge was nearby, leading one across a pink lake and towards a palace themed structure. I ran down the slightly steeped hill and leaped a few ditches here and there, my target set for the bridge.

I crossed the bridge slowly, shrieking every now and then when shards of the boards would chip off and fall into the lake, which I discovered with horror was not water at all.The chipped wood that fell into the lake immediately dissolved, making me even more fearful of falling in. Why would the triplets have something as deadly as a highly acidic lake blocking others from their home? Oh...perhaps it would be a wise trapped system.

Times such as these when I have such idiotic questions running through my mind are the absolute worse.

I made it half-way across the bridge when an entire board collapsed beneath me, causing me to scream in panic and fall backwards. Luckily, I managed to cling onto the neighboring board, but my fingers were already slipping. I panted panically as my fingers slipped even more, and I thought about the horrors of leaving my beloved mate behind without me.

Oh, why did they have to put such a deadly trap here?!

"Please no," I whispered to myself as I clung tighter, hoping to think of a way to save myself.

Much to my distaste and horror, my fingers slipped all together. But before I could plummet into the acidic lake that would be my death, a hand grabs ahold of my arm and pulls me back up. I sigh in sweet relief as I glance up to see who it was.

"Pax!" I cry out, wrapping my arms around his neck in fear of the lake below us.

He chuckles and jumps into the air, flying over the bridge and onto safe land. "I apologize for not answering your calls, but my siblings and I have discovered a terrible fate that we did not intend to happen...well, we did, but you know what I mean. It's time to reveal all to you."

My eyes widened. "Do you mean that I get to know what I am and what I was created for?"

"Of course, but you must follow me," he instructed, leading me towards the palace.

As we walked through the great arch of the palace, I looked around and studied my surroundings. The palace itself was enormous, with silver, gold, and of course ruby red designs along the walls. Everything in the palace appeared so shiny that I could see my reflection through every wall, every floor, and even every item. It fascinated me, and I walked over to a silver vase to pick it up. However, when I attempted to do so, the vase disintegrated and became a pile of silver ash.

"Please do not touch any furniture that reflects images. They are very delicate and are only handled with extreme care."

I blushed lightly and jogged forward to catch up with Pax. Together, we walked down several hallways until we reached a shiny golden staircase. I became suddenly wary to touch it.

"Um...would this break?"

Pax chuckled. "Not at all. The golden stairs are made with solid gold and coated with diamond. You wouldn't be able to break it even if you tried."

Nodding, I followed Pax up the stairs where we were greeted with yet even more hallways. I contained in my want to publicly display my irritation as I followed Pax down another several set of hallways, which were reminding me of a giant maze by every second.

Finally, after many sharp turns, we made it to a large double door set. frantic arguing could be heard from the other side, but I didn't mention it aloud to Pax, thinking that it would be rude to do so. He quickly opened the door, causing Fortis and Dux to immediately cease their arguing.

"Destiny has arrived," he announced as he led me over to a chair that appeared to be lined with fur.

I sat down as the others sat down as well, playing with my hair nervously. Dux cleared her throat and I glanced up, blushing slightly in embarrassment.

"The news that we have predicted has become true indeed. The Russian lycans and fairies have allied to fight against the German werewolves and lycans," she explains.

"But that is only Russia and Germany. Our predictions made it quite clear that every continent would be involved in this war, even the Antarctic ice elementals and snow dragons," Fortis mentioned, causing me to almost gasp in shock.

"Tis true, but you know as well as I do that the continents wouldn't all simply turn on one another all at one. It has to build from somewhere, and that somewhere happens to be Russia and Germany," Dux replies softly.

"Wait a minute. This sounds as if the world is going to be in another Word War! I thought that a World War Three would be highly impossible to occur!" I told them in pure shock.

They all sighed.

"I'm afraid not, my dear. The world that you live in will soon become a world of death and destruction," Dux said solemnly.

I stood up. "There must be something that we can do! There has to be!"

"And there is," Fortis revealed, smiling very slightly.

"Well then. What is it?" I asked.

All three members of the fated council smiled at me, causing my face to run pale when I realize what they were indicating this entire time.

"Me...you mean..me?"

A/N HEY GUYS!! I hoped that you liked it!!

Shout outs to: PTX-FOB_lover2014 and DRAGONEYE720

Question of the day:
What is your favorite color?
{Mine is red!}

Please:

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow

Spread