{Chapter 22}

-Destiny-

It was strange-in my opinion-that Dux, Fortis, and Pax had left me be for this long. I would have thought that there would be more news on the upcoming war by now, but apparently, that was not the case. It had been three weeks since Leonardo and I had fully mated, and our bond was now stronger than ever. It was amazing at how much love I felt towards my mate, and now by lycan terms, husband. Everytime I glaced over at him from where he was working on reports for his job, a wonderful feeling of calmness and warmth flooded through me, and it was amazing. The feeling was truly amazing.

"Love, are you going to continue staring at me as if I am your favorite snack?" a voice spoke out, breaking my transe that I was in.

I blushed and looked down at my lap, twiddling with my fingers. A light chuckle sounded throughout the room, and I gave Leo a swift glare before returning my gaze back towards my lap. He always did this to me-the blushing and such-and it always made me wonder if I could do the same thing back to him as well. I never attempted to, but it was never too late to try.

"But what if you are my favorite snack?" I asked innocently, yet softly.

I stood from my chair and acted as if I were walking out of the room, but just as I had predicted, I was suddenly pushed up against the wall by a certain man that happened to make me go absolutely crazy for him. I stared into his eyes, having to contain my smile when I noticed that they were as black as night. I was rather satisfied that I managed to cause my Leo to lose control of his wolf, although it might mean a sleepless night for myself.

"I would be very careful as to what you say around me, kitten," his wolf growled out softly, nuzzling into my neck.

I smiled at how tender yet powerful his wolf could be at the exact same time. It strangely made me feel loved in a sort of animalistic way. Playing with his hair, I tenderly kissed his cheek before pushing him away. Well, to better rephrase that, I attempted to push the handsome beast away. However, he pushed me against the wall even more, breathing down my neck sharply. I realized that he was taking in my scent like the wolf that he was, and I had to despirately restrain myself from laughing.

"Why?" I ask softly, enjoying the feeling of my husband's warmth surrounding me.

"Why what?" he asked breathily, trailing light kisses down my neck.

"Why should I be careful around you? You are my protector, are you not?" I mentioned.

He leaned back up and kissed my cheek, leaning back and giving me a warm smile. "I will always protect you from the dangers around you, my love. Myself...well, that's another story."

I blushed lightly at his meanings, looking away slightly. A large hand gently grasped my chin, turning my face slightly to meet eye-to-eye with Leonardo.

"Darling, you should never be embarrassed like that. I am yours, and you are mine," he said to me gently, smiling tenderly at me.

I smiled back and pressed my lips to his, kissing him as gently as I could. I wanted this kiss to show my love that I had towards him, and I believed that it worked. He cupped the side of my face and deepened the kiss slightly. I myself could understand and feel the love that Leonardo had for me through that kiss, and it made me even happier. But suddenly, I jerked back and rushed out of the office, a horrible feeling coming upon me. I made it to the hallway bathroom just in time, and I vomited repeatedly. I heard Leo rush into the bathroom and walk over towards me, leaning down beside me. He bundled my hair up with his hands and held it back for me. After I felt calm again, I flushed the toliet and rinsed my mouth out before grabbing my tooth brush to brush my teeth.

"Emmy? What's the matter with you?" he asked me as he massaged my shoulders while I brushed my teeth.

I shrugged and didn't respond until I finished brushing my teeth. "I don't know. Maybe I'm sick."

With that said, Leonardo gently picked me up, carrying me back to our room. He pulled back the royal blue covers and layed me down, tucking me in. I glanced up at him to see that he was insanely worried about me. I sighed and patted the space where he usually slept, giving him the hint. Almost immediately, he layed down next to me and wrapped his arms gently around me, pulling me close to him.

"I feel fine now, Leo. Don't worry about me," I pleaded slightly towards him, but he wouldn't listen to me.

He kissed my forehead sofly. "Don't say such things. I will always worry about your health. Something caused you to become sick like that, so what else could it be besides you being sick?"

I shrugged. "I'm not sure. It's not like I-"

My eyes suddenly widened at the forgotten possibility. I had completely forgotten about that because of the fact that I did not want something such as that to happen at the moment. It would be the worst timing possible for this to occur! Leo must have noticed my horrifyed look because he held me to him suddenly.

"Emmy, what's wrong now?" he whispered to me.I gulped. "There...there could be another reason for this."

"What could that be?" he asked.

I moved my hand down towards my lower stomach, rubbing it slightly. I looked up at Leo, who was now giving me wide, fearful eyes as well.

He placed his hand over my own hand, his bottom lip trembling slightly. "It's very possible...extremely possible."

My eyes teared up. "But Leo. This is bad timing! A war is about to occur!" He sighed.

"I know, but we'll-"He was cut off when a very panicked looking Dux, followed by her brothers, appeared in my room.

"Destiny! It has started! The war has started!"

A/N Hey Guys! I hope that you guys liked this chapter!!

Question of the day: Where do you think the war started?

Please:

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow

Spread!

Oh! And shout-out to the works of DRAGONEYE720!!! Please check out his wonderful works!! Thanks guys!!