{Chapter 20}

-Leonardo-

Despite everything that had happened recently, mostly it being the disappearance of the love of my life, I still had to go to work. The job itself was rather easy and likable, but the workers were another story. Carter—as I have guessed it—would never accept the fact that I was above him in status. Day after day, I would be tormented and ridiculed by this unnaturally strong human. It was as if I had done something that practically ruined his life! I didn't have the slightest clue as to what I could have possibly done to him. Perhaps he had thought that it would be him all along to receive the job opening, but obviously I was apparently more suited for the task of being a manager.

"Excuse me? Mr. Firewrath, there is a shortage of workers today, so you will have to be one of us for the day," Jennifer told me as she walked up towards me, trying her best attempt at a flirtatious smile.

I nodded, but sighed in slight annoyance. "Alright. I'll be there in a moment."

I placed down my papers that were to be the reports on every individual in this workroom. Informing the boss on their performance was the main task in my job. I was quite simple to me, as it was very similar to the training on pack reports that my father and I had done together.

Walking out of my small office room and into the large mailroom, I immediately spotted Carter working in the back corner of the room, a scowl shown across his face. There was no one else around the irritated man, and I didn't blame them honestly. I wouldn't have wanted to be around a man who attempts to harm any being who gets on his negative side, which was not hard to do mind you.

"Oh! Mr. Firewrath! We have quite the lot of mail to sort through today. The only table available is by Carter Torren over by the corner!" a small, plump middle-aged woman said as she pushed her glasses up.

I gulped slightly as I met eyes with the demon of a human himself. He glared at me with such a dark aura that I nearly vomited in nervousness. How a human managed to make me of all creatures feel this way is beyond me.

I smiled down at the kind woman. "Uh, yes. Thank you."

The glare on Carter's face intensified as I made my way over towards his table. I said nothing to him as I grabbed a stack of letters, sorting through them and organizing the letters based on importance. It amazed me at how many letters of partnerships from other businesses that Mr. Butler was receiving. He must have been quite the successful business man.

"Well, aren't ya gonna say somethin' or am I gonna have ta talk with tha dead flies over here?" A ruff voice of an unknown accent spoke next to me.

I ignored Carter as best as I could as I continued to sort the mail in front of me.

"How is it like with your girl missin' and all?" he asked with a sneer.

I froze on the spot, glancing up at him with a deep glare of my own. "How do you know about that?"

He shrugged. "Lucky guess, I guess."

I struggled to keep my wolf at bay. My wolf was prepared to appear out of my mind and kill the idiot next to me, and a growl even let loose from my lips. I did manage to secure my control, luckily. However, I still wanted answers.

"No. Tell me what you know...now," I sneered out at him.

Suddenly, I was pushed to the ground. I glanced up to see a very angered Carter. His fist was raised into the air as if he was about to jump onto me and punch the soul out of my body.

"I told ya boy. It was just a lucky guess. Try one more thing on me and you'll be regrettin' it after I send yer ass off to the hospital," he told me with a lowered voice.

I glanced around to see that the other workers had stopped working to gaze upon us, but none of them were brave enough to step up and help me. It seemed that it was Carter who ran this room, not I.

I focused my gaze back onto Carter's scrunched up face. "Of course it was only a lucky guess. My apologies."

He nodded. "Well said. Now get up and get back ta workin'."

I reluctantly obeyed and stood back up, walking toward the table and resuming my work. This time, I refused to even glance Carter's way. After several more hours, it was finally time to leave work and return home. I had neatly organized every letter that was on my table. Carter didn't help much, but I did notice him staring at me often. I found it rather odd, if not creepy.

Walking back into my office, I grabbed my jacket and slipped it on, grabbing my other belonging as well that I had locked up inside my desk drawer. After gathering my belongings, I walked outside my office room, closing the door and locking it. From the corner of my eyes, I saw with slight shock that Carter was still here. He was staring at me again, but this time, he had a smirk clear upon his face. Shuttering, I quickly left the mailroom, swearing to myself as I heard his raspy chuckle echo through the room.

Walking out of the building, I headed for my truck, climbing in and slamming the door closed. I cranked it up, backing out of the parking lot and driving onto the main road.

It bothered me that I would once again return home, knowing that I would not see the love of my life once more. I just wanted to hold her in my arms again, smell her wonderful unique scent that only belonged to her. It had been four weeks too long since last I seen her, and I had made a decision in my mind. We would be bonded by the ceremony and fully mated when she was finally returned to me. I couldn't risk losing her ever again. The Fated Council knew that they would no longer be able to take Destiny away from me without harming her if we were to be fully mated. Yes, that was what I had in store for us.

As I pulled into my drive-way, I was started to see that a light was still on inside my house. I could have sworn that I had turned off everything before I left. Quickly exiting my truck, I locked it before heading inside. I dropped my belongings on the table next to the door before walking into the living room. I froze at my very spot. My face paled and my eyes widened greatly when I spotted my most prized possession.

"Destiny?"

A/N Hey Guys! I hope that you guys like this chapter!

Shout-outs go to: PTX-FOB_lover2014, dsalinas1, and DRAGONEYE720 for commenting last chapter.

Question of the day: Vanilla or Chocolate ice-cream?

{Vanilla! I hate chocolate ice-cream}

Please:

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow

Spread