{Chapter 12}

-Fredrick Butler-

"What are the stats so far Phoenix?" I asked my personal assistant, if not my best friend.

She smiled up at me, her smile so devious that it sparkled such a warm feeling inside of me. "Which one are we talking about here?"

I smirked. "The one that I prefer to hear."

She chuckled darkly and sat in the chair across from me. "I received a report from Milden around noon today stating that three more candidates had been captured and beheaded. However, the markings did not fade, meaning that they were not her. With good news, Durian managed to kidnap the daughter of Alpha Gillian from the Wisps Pack."

"And her current status?" I asked.

"Dead by tortured hanging. Durian sent me the security recording of her execution. It's quite amusing," she chuckled out, flipping her hair back behind her back.

I laughed along with her, as it brought us great joy to observe innocent souls die of torturous ways. My mate, Phoenix, and I were both raised on bad circumstances. She was brought up a slave to her pack, taking on countless beatings and even assault by the older males. Just thinking about it brought such a fury within me, but it didn't bother me as much since I managed to successfully wipe our her entire pack.

That was how we met. I managed to destroy a quarter of the pack, and then I saw her. Of course I didn't possess the ability to immediately know that she was my soul mate due to my species, but she did know. She ran into my arms, and I carried her out to safety as my group killed everyone else off.

Her love for me is what kept me going. I was brought up as the underling. I had a younger brother who was favored by my parents, but a battle occurred within our clan, and my brother was taken by the wolf pack that attacked our kind. My parents wanted nothing to do with me, and they only kept me afterwards because they needed someone to carry out the family name. However, I successfully managed to run away from our clan as a teenager, and I gained followers from other runaways.

"Oh, tell Milden to not worry about finding possible candidates. I believe that I have found her," I informed my wife, who looked at me with a slightly confused look.

"Do you mean that girl we saw earlier today?" she asked.

I nodded. "Precisely. Why else would I give that low-scum lycan a job such as this?"

I glanced back down at my papers, but I heard Phoenix huff. "Remember, love. Werewolves aren't that different from lycans."

I looked back up at her from my papers, giving her an apologetic look. "Phoenix, I apologize. I forget at times. And honestly, your kind is so much more...beastly than a lycan. It's spectacular."

She smiled slightly. "You really think that its spectacular that werewolves are only able to shift under a full moon's light, losing all sense of humanity to prey upon the innocent and weak?"

I shivered in delight. "It sounds more wonderful each time you say it."

She smirked and sat in my lap, wrapping her arms around my neck. She leaned in and scented me before whispering in my ear. "I think you're much more...deadly than I could ever be. You're so deadly and brutal to the unfortunates. It's so attractive, my love."

I groaned softly and pulled her face from my neck. I leaned in and kissed her, gently at first, but as time passed, it grew much more heated and wanting. I wrapped her legs around my waist and stood up, carrying her away to my room.

~~~

"So what will the plan be?" Phoenix asked as I played with her hair, her resting her head on my chest in our bed.

"I need to earn Leonardo's trust. From that, we can gain access to interacting with his mate, our target," I explained.

"I could become 'friends' with the girl, perhaps earn her trust in that way," my mate suggested and she traced patterns onto my chest.

I smiled. "What a perfect idea, little mate. An excellent plan."

"Of course it is. I never doubt myself," she teased, causing me to chuckle.

"I know you don't, and that is what makes me love you ever so more.." I trailed off as I kissed the top of her head.

"But do you think that she is the one that we have been looking for? I don't mean to doubt you, darling, but we've had so many dead ends and such," she said, sighing softly.

"I know that she is the one. Her eyes gave it away too easily. They were glowing, just like the markings said they would. She is the one that we seek," I reassured her with determination in my voice.

She leaned up and pecked my lips. "I trust you, love. I know you'll win us our victory."

I kissed her pack and gently pushed her back on my chest. "Your confidence in me gives me the strength to fulfill this plan."

"I'd do anything to make you happy," she admitted, kissing my chest.

I smiled slightly and played with her red and purple streaked black hair. "As would I, my love. As would I."

The feeling of the girl's power coursing through my veins would no longer be a mere dream, but my reality. I shall regain what I had lost so long ago. I will become the superior being in all of planet Earth, and the only thing standing in my way for this grand victory is that blasted girl and her idiotic mate. But no more will I have to live of two separate beings. I and my wife will be rulers of this Earth! No one will be able to stop us! No one!

Just as long as I kill the wretched girl and steal the sacred powers that exist throughout her.

A/N hey guys! I hope that you guys like my chapter!

Shout-outs to: PTX-FOB_lover14 and NerdzeeBookster for commenting last chapter!!

Question of the day:
If you could be any creature, what would you be?
{I would be a hybrid fire-elemental/lycan}

Please:

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow

Spread