{Chapter 19}

-Destiny-

For reasons unknown, I was not allowed to see Leonardo again until the Fated Council deemed me ready to set foot on Earth once more. For now, I had to train with the triplets, allowing myself to gain both strength and knowledge. They had yet to reveal to me what particular species I was, and that was because I was apparently not ready for such a reveal. My first training lesson was based on the mind itself. I had to sit in a small, empty room for hours at a time, meditating the unwanted or cowardly thoughts out of my inner mind.

"Your mind is the most important tool that you have. It is what causes the beginnings and ends of war. It is what causes the battles and bloodshed. The universe will never be at peace so long as creatures develop their minds in the negative direction. But for you, Destiny Emerald. You must lead your mind in the right direction. It is your decisions that will win us the victory that this world needs. With your mind, you will defeat the demonic forces. We all will," they had explained to me before setting me in this room.

At first, I was very uncomfortable with the small size of the room. The silence that always followed for hours at a time almost drove me to the point of pure madness, but I managed to overcome my negative desires. I overcame the test, and I passed.

My next training lesson was on balance and coordination. With this being said, I had to learn how to get a good footing, no matter where I was. They tested me on my balance by making me stand tall and still on a thin needle that they had pierced into the ground. I failed quite a few times actually. It was, in my opinion, the hardest test of them all. I had always had poor balance, tending to trip on thin air even. Luckily, after a week of working on this test, I managed to figure out the secret of balance. In order to balance upon anything that you so desire, you have to clear your mind of negative thoughts. I now realized why my mind was so important. It-my mind-is what gave me the knowing to do anything. I had passed the test of balance with flying colors.

As for coordination, it was a much more simple task for me. Dux handed me a sword, a heavy one at that. I had to mimic and learn the sword techniques that she demonstrated for me. These sword techniques required such coordination. I was a bit wobbly at first, but when I saw Dux's smile on the third day of practice, I knew that I had passed the test of coordination.

"Wonderful job, Destiny! You are now half-way through with your training. The last two components will be the hardest. Do you have any idea as to what they might me?" she asked me.

I thought about it for a moment. "Could it possibly be strength and knowledge? Or perhaps courage and wisdom."

She chuckled. "No, no. I'm afraid that you are very wrong."

"But what could it be then?" I asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"Patience," she simply said.

I tapped my chin in thought. "I thought you said that I had two more components left. You only named one."

"Wrong. She did indeed name two components," another voice called out.

I glanced up to see Pax and Fortis walking into the room. It was Pax that had spoken, his eyes holding such a serious emotion.

"How is patience two components? It is only one word," I mentioned, running a hand through my hair in slight frustration.

"Do you hear yourself right now? You are thinking in a negative direction. Remember your teachings. You are thinking of patience as a word, not a component. Think harder," Fortis told me, a slight smile upon his face.

I closed my eyes in concentration and thought long and hard about the word patience. I thought about its meaning. It means-for me that is-to wait for the right moment, not becoming frustrated over the time that you must wait. I opened my eyes, staring back at the Fated Council.

"Patience is a word, but in the word, there are two components," I finally said, realizing the true answer finally.

They all nodded, and Pax spoke to me. "And what are those two components?"

"Waiting and knowing," I answered, becoming relieved when they nod in a positive manner towards me. I was right.

"But what am I waiting for? Isn't the war going on already?" I asked.

"It is, but it is not yet time to strike. We don't know exactly when that time will be. Only you will know," Dux said to me softly.

"But how?" I glanced up at them, awaiting my answer.

"You will know, Destiny. Remember patience," Fortis urged me.

I nodded. "I will. Don't worry."

"And now that your training is complete. My brothers and I think that you are now ready to be revealed into our world," Dux said with a smile.

"You mean...I get to finally know what I am?" I smiled brightly up at them, my mouth going slack in excitement.

She nodded. "Indeed, young one. But first, I must ask you a question."

I became slightly confused. "Of course. What is it?"

"What do you think we-my brothers and I-are?" she asked.

I shrugged. "Immortal beings perhaps? Maybe spirits of nobles?"

They all laughed slightly, causing me to frown.

"Oh, we aren't laughing at you. Do not fret. You are quite close actually. We are a set chosen by The Creator to choose the fates of every creature on Earth, but honestly, we are nothing more than angelic warriors. We have lived here for thousands of years, waiting for the day in which our general is born to the world," Fortis explained.

I gasped. "You are all...angelic warriors? I thought that you all were above everything else except for The Creator."

Dux giggled. "We are very high up and status, as well as powerful. However, we have three above our status. The Creator is first, followed by his son. The next highest being is the angelic general, followed by us."

"But who is the angelic general?" I asked.

They all smiled at me, causing my face to run pale. My eyes widened, and my mouth gaped in pure shock. Surely they weren't-

"You are our leader. You are the angelic general, Destiny."

A/N Hey guys! I hoped that you liked this chapter!!

Shout-outs to: DRAGONEYE720, NerdzeeBookster, and PTX-FOB_lover2014, for commenting last chapter!!

Question of the day:

How tall are you? (Random I knowXD)

{I am 4'11, a certified dwarf...maybe hobbit O_O}

Please:

vote

comment

share

follow

spread